Jump in the Oil game!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by FracAttack, Dec 1, 2014.

1. FracAttack

FracAttack Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
    If some one living in south Texas just happened to obtain a decent Truck, 07 with about 700k on it, and wanted to start hauling sand for a frac company where would one begin?
    Ive heard about leasing the truck on with a company, but whats the etiquette and lingo in approaching a company to do business with?

What would be some other things required and to be prepared for a neophyte in the trucking game?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's something to consider; Saudi Arabia Royal Family has vowed to bankrupt America's frac business because it's cutting into their profits. They say once oil drops below $50 a barrel, fracking companies will start shutting down. This is why OPEC has refused to lower production; they want the market flooded with cheap oil.

Buzzard2157 and Redman30 Thank this.
  4. Redman30

Redman30 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Abilene,Tx
    Do you have someone to lease you a Pneumatic trailer? If not, nobody is really hiring right now because the Trailers the companies are buying arent coming in til after February and then they may look into some Owner Operators. Im down in Dilley Texas in the sand business right now

FracAttack Thanks this.
  5. FracAttack

Dec 1, 2014
    I appreciate that info and I have heard that but I'm sure some D.C lobbying by some big wigs will slow or thwart that plan or we'll just get 1.00 gas again and the economy will boom. Either way has its benifits. . . So in your opinion whats the time frame here on profits? If I can get a truck out and hauling by January how much time is left and "IF" fracking does go insolvent whats the next best thing to do with my rig?

6. FracAttack

Dec 1, 2014
    I might actually have some one that I could get one from. . Truck and Pneumatic trailer, Is that the Golden pass with these companies?

7. Redman30

Oct 28, 2013
    Abilene,Tx
    Alot of them want Tractor and trailer.The Sand side can get trucks but not the trailers and most arent hiring company drivers till after 1st of the year. There are some places that are hiring Cement haulers right now between San Antonio and South Texas

8. Redman30

Oct 28, 2013
    Abilene,Tx
    Profits can start pretty quick if you dont have alot of Overhead.40-50 thousand dollar tractor and 50-70thousand trailer?? Progit can start right away just pay off your debts as soon as possible because it can end any time but its predicted that there is 10-15 years of work in the Eagle-Shale(South Texas)

9. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    5 years too late and a dollar short... consolidation phase has begun, where many companies get bought out, go bankrupt, and disappear.

The US government can do NOTHING about the Saudi royal family... They want the price below $60 it will be, they want it below $50 it will be... They are even selling Brent crude to the US refineries at a 25% discount, off current market price, while charging Russia and china full price. We will NEVER see $1.00b gasoline due to the state and federal taxes.

Those who refuse to learn from history, will repeat the disastrous outcome again.

chalupa Thanks this.
  10. FracAttack

Dec 1, 2014
    "NOOOOTHING NEVERRRRR "

Whoa negative Nancy. . . You've just admitted the Saudi's are more powerful then us.(could be?) But Its nothing a few covert ops, some economic hit men, and a drone cant solve.

Too late ?? That's what they told me about Bitcoin "2" years ago LOL

11. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Well just a short drop in oil prices and panic attacks exist,,the smart ones put a little away and will survive,,many jumb in during booms few survive,,many jumped in to the frac boom and other booms,,few lasted because they could not or would not work all the hours when "the fish were bitting"
    Should have put money away for the slow times..there will be a shake out and those that were smart will be there tomorrow,,for the others look for the next boom somewhere,

FracAttack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.