Jumping through hoops

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by shdymik, May 6, 2008.

1. shdymik

shdymik Bobtail Member

May 6, 2008
    Toledo, OH
    Can anyone tell me about HR Career Development and their creditabilty? Was thinking about schooling there, but every time I talk to them they tell me something different. Also, was thinking about signing on with Trans Am trucking, would love some feedback from anyone who knows about this company. Thanks, Shdymik

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dalejr8fan

dalejr8fan Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2007
    zephyrhills fl
    One thing I can help you with is TransAm Trucking. I worked for them and in my opinion they are horrible. I was on their big fleet and averaged about 2000 miles a week. Then I transferred over to their FAC fleet where I got about 1000 miles a week. I won their top gun awards so I couldnt figure out why I wasnt being ran. I would say find another carrier so you can make some money.

4. shdymik

shdymik Bobtail Member

May 6, 2008
    Toledo, OH
    I have been looking at a variety of different companies. What are some that you would suggest?

5. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Ok first you had a bad trainer and got off the truck then came back, then you updated and said things are going good getting 3200 miles a week, then abondoned the truck when things got slow for everyone and now they are a crap company? By the way in 2 years I have never gotten into a fight or argument with my fleet manager.

6. slowpoke1967

slowpoke1967 Light Load Member

May 8, 2008
    somewhere fl
    wow you never ever got into a fight or argument with your fleet manager i need to come hang out with you.coz i get into fight with mine all the time.i got to see how no one ever fights with them. am not just saying transAM.just any fleet manager

7. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I don't understand it either, I've got friends here that do ut all the time. Do I get mad well yes, but people need to realize it's your fleet manager who helps you get what you want 95% of the time.

8. jimnfor

jimnfor Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    sherman, tx
    fight with your fleet manager??? thats retarded

9. bigredinternational

bigredinternational Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2008
    omaha, ne
    Show me a highly capitalized truck driver and I'll show you a guy who drives for fun. The rest of the drivers are out there to make a living and if they are told they will get 3,000 miles a week they are gonna count on that money. I'll never fault a driver who gets mad at his fleet manager/dispatcher when he was told he would get 3,000 miles per week and is getting 1,000 or less.

Yes, slow downs in shipping occur but it is the responsibility of the fleet manager/dispatcher to communicate effectively with drivers. I worked in law enforcement for 5 years and I took verbal judo training and it taught me to never take anger personally. Let the words fly and when the anger subsides we can communicate. Drivers with creditors need to get a reliable miles forecast. Step up to the plate dispatchers.

BRI

10. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    I don;t fight with my fm either,his fleet (5 trucks) is the entire fleet.called in today for dispatch after my restart, slow freight,O.k. we haul nich freight for a local company outbound and sometimes production falls on it's a&& and the trailers don't get loaded on time. they are a small nich company as well, 2 loading docks. but I DO NOT FOR ANY REASON JUMP ON MY DM!!!!! I talk to his Dad, the owner . Always talk to the person with the power!!! don't argue with the cop, wait and chew on the Judge. dm's have long memories, and I bet I know where your miles went!

11. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    my f.m. gets paid a comission % of the miles I drive.

now I'm sure he has his buddies ect.... but basically he wants my arse moving down the road.

like wise... when ? if I get a layover... guess who's bonus check that comes off the top of ???

my fleet manager don't like layovers anymore than I do...

it may not be this way at many companies... but the ones I have been with... being nice, not refusing loads, all pays divid ends...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.