June 2, 2009 Training

Discussion in 'Prime' started by shifty, May 29, 2009.

1. shifty

shifty Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Conway, AR
    Lets do a roll call on who all on here is going to the june 2nd training. I know its only a couple guys but we need to meet up while we are there. One more thing from the experienced guys on here.

What should we bring that our recruiters didn't mention? Mine only told me the following.

enough clothes for a week
    Flip Flops
    bedding for a twin size bed
    Jacket (she said some docks are really cold?)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    All the info you filled out on your application-- yes, you will have to do it again
    Birthcertificate, Social Security Card, Passport (if you have one), Tolietries,

4. redneck31

redneck31 Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Ozark,MO
  5. shifty

shifty Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Conway, AR
    Ok, What about gloves and tools?

6. webuzz

webuzz Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    indiana
    You may want to bring some cash for after you get with your trainer. While at Prime, they give you a meal card that gives you $4.75 for breakfast and $ 5.75 for lunch and dinner(at the millennium building). If you go over those amounts, you pay out of pocket.

7. webuzz

webuzz Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    indiana
    Oh I forgot. You do want to bring your own LEATHER gloves(walmart for $8.00).They are more at the company store.

8. IRISH PAPA

IRISH PAPA Light Load Member

May 18, 2009
    milledgeville , ga
    blank check for direct deposit if thats what you want to do.and alot of patience causeto me ther orientation didnt cover a whole lot about the company just alot of personal stories and braggin.good luck and dont lease for a while or at all

9. shifty

shifty Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Conway, AR
    cool thanks guys, Does the truck have Wifi in them?

10. shifty

shifty Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Conway, AR
    another quesiton. what should i start studying for the Permit test?

11. charlie240

charlie240 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Kannapolis,NC
    trucks do not have wi-fi and alot of truck stops charge for it. see if your phone can act as a modem and use it to hit the net. Make sure you have at least $150 as Paul or Matt will relieve you of 100.00 during the interview and the permit is around $30. Bring cash for food and drinks above and beyond what Prime provides although you get a lot for your money as far as meals go. Enjoy the Millenium building... it is impressive. If you want to start studying now it can't hurt. You will be given printouts of the parts you need to study Tues and will have a review of important questions Wed am before you test. Good Luck and have fun......:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.