June 2016 Prime Inc; Approved and ready for orientation

Discussion in 'Prime' started by 100 Percent, May 17, 2016.

1. 100 Percent

100 Percent Bobtail Member

May 17, 2016
    I got my application approved last week and will be in orientation in a few short weeks. The whole process was easy. Filed out application on my phone. Recruiter called next day. I asked A LOT questions (money based mainly, the year contract and the new cost of tuition if you don't finish). After our talk... got me approved same day with a start date I requested! Now to get back to studying for this permit test. Any info on your experience with the company to look out for is welcomed.

wolf71 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Read through the following thread . Not the whole thing but at least the first ones by silent eagle.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...nc-what-to-expect-springfield-edition.197427/

On you tube there are several vids to see on what to expect getting on a trainers truck

Just one for example ...

There are others that talk about what to expect as a driver.

Or

I hope these links came out right... I was copying and pasting them...

Anyhoo, good luck and have fun

4. 100 Percent

May 17, 2016
  5. 100 Percent

May 17, 2016
    Great vids @PChase I am one of those people that love TRUE honesty. I'm going to the Tanker division. I've been told of their trainer shortage. My expectations are low, BUT I'm focused nonetheless. I'll keep updating on the process.

6. 100 Percent

May 17, 2016
    What's up fellas. I have a new start date next month. I wasn't able to start back in June because someone on the recruiting side forgot to... never mind. I will be a Prime drive in a couple weeks. Thx for all your assistance on this. I will keep you updated.

7. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Why did you choose tankers?

8. walstib

walstib Darkstar

You still have time to find a MUCH better company! Why do you think it was so easy? They're a sh itty company that will take anyone to drive their slow trucks. Dont be a road hazard from day one, pick a better company while you have the time.

9. 100 Percent

May 17, 2016
    I always wanted to drive tanker, but most company's wanted 1-2 years of OTR before you could. Otherwise, I would have went flat bed.

10. 100 Percent

May 17, 2016
    Which company would you suggest? Most people I have contact with says they're good on the company side, but most of issues most have come from the lease side.

11. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.