Just a freindly reminder, slow down in constuction zones

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ridgeline, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I was coming back home, I was on US 23 where it is being resurfaced and the bridges are being rebuilt. From 94 to just north of exit 127, it is less than 7 and a half miles in a construction zone.

I was passed by a few trucks but the worst one was a truck from a company in Ohio (seems like Ohio drivers think they own the roads here). He was doing at least 73 (in a 60) and cut several people off, one was passing him after he went back into the right lane, the car was midpoint at his trailer wheels. The driver in the truck flipped on the turn signal, within a second did an aggressive lane change without really giving the car a chance to slow down, the driver of the car barely missed hitting him and almost ran into a ditch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    His time is more important than yours. You should know that.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Trucks are dangerous.

buddyd157 and LOTSO Thank this.
  5. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    :laughing3:

RockinChair and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  6. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    and we somehow telepathically know where this is??

Michigan? where you're from.

most drivers aren't from where you are,

Dave_in_AZ and tscottme Thank this.
  7. Phoenix Heavy Haul

Phoenix Heavy Haul Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2022
    Raleigh NC
    Location don’t really matter. Stuff like that happens in every construction zone. Just more idiot drivers to make ALL big trucks look like idiots.

8. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022

This right here is the issue! He shouldn’t expect the car to slow down for him, he should be waiting for the lane to be clear for a safe merge into it.
    The way you write this sounds very similar to the person that does a quick stop and pulls out without really looking, then sits around looking confused as to why they got slammed in the side. The hole time saying they stopped and wondering why you didn’t yield your right away to them? My favorite comment from them is “they had to have seen me why didn’t they hit the brakes”.

9. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    This seems to be how drivers are anymore. It's sad and as someone who does mostly Night shift we are seeing more and more of these wreckless drivers on the overnight now.

10. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I'm all about slowing down in construction zones and just in general but the states that go down to 45mph because there are some cones on the side of the road are just irritating.

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Some people think the world will make room for them. And other people think they have to fit into the empty space that is already in the world.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.