Just a heads up - Swift does hair test now.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Rowdy1, Jul 13, 2017.

1. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    They’re gonna get you.

2. ∆_Dan_∆

∆_Dan_∆ Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Niagara Falls, NY
    At orientation, I still only had to pee in a cup.I am glad they are switching to hair test. Not as many will slip through.

In my short time with Swift, so far, many changes for the better, are in the works.

3. CK73

CK73 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Drug test? Hell yeah, I'm down for testing sum drugs! :p

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I've never heard of a 'sum' drug.

What is it exactly?

5. Blacktop warrior

Blacktop warrior Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2017
    How far will test back on hair

6. CK73

CK73 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    I think it has already been established that this information is false, though some companies are doing it now, but not Swift, yet.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A woman on here was complaining because she was sent home from Swift school for testing postitive on hair follicle test. Swift is under new management since they merged with Knight and Knight runs the show now. Knight has been doing hair follice tests for a long time.

8. CK73

CK73 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    I noticed a list on another popular trucker forum. It was updated December 28th 2017, and Swift was in the urine only category, while Knight was in the hair camp. I am aware of the merger and implications, so what you are suggesting is reasonable, but if you read the entire thread, it's one post after another contradicting each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if Swift changes the policy, but my recruiter only mentioned urine in August. It was funny because during the phone interview it wasn't "Have you EVER consumed illegal drugs?", "Have you ever been addicted to opiods?", or "Have you ever been a treatment facility for drug abuse?", it was simply, "Have you ever used marijuana?" HINT: Just say nope. But.. if there is a follicle test, they are probably impossible to defeat, and go back AT LEAST 3 months. Also, if you don't have at least an inch and half on your head, and they can't find 1.5" elsewhere like the armpit, it's an automatic fail.

I'm new to all of this and may be wrong, but if the OP just made this up to troll. and others chimed in to support trolling, that's just wrong. IMO, testing for MJ is wrong. The other hard stuff though I have zero sympathy.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That other forum, if it's the one I'm thinking it is, puts out some pretty bad & inaccurate information.
    Even if Swift only were to test half the class for hair follicle, that means you have a 50% chance of being tested.
    That girl was really upset because now she has to go through a SAP Program, then find some other training company that will hire her.

10. TaterFox

TaterFox Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Scottsboro, Al
    Not to hijack (just kidding, I'm a thread hijacker in disguise) but the hair test, I know it'll show the Percocet I was taking for my surgery, as long as I have the bottle with me showing it was prescribed I'm cool, right?

• Draft saved Draft deleted