Just bought a new truck question

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Nicknice, Nov 29, 2020.

1. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    You also need IFTA for Prepass...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Hey, @staceydude when did you get your stuff done? Due to Corona, I thought we couldn't walk in the regional offices at all right now. I'm seriously not looking forward to IFTA, but are you saying I can just file it in a different state to speed up the process? Thanks.

4. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I don’t think that you can file it in a different state.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  5. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I feel for you guys. It took me right at a week just to renew mine, and it used to take 20 minutes start to finish and that was waiting 10 minutes for some over worked soul to wait on me.

6. staceydude

Apr 3, 2020
    No you have to file in Texas if you live in Texas, but to get your New Mexico, KYU numbers and NY you have to file online. Those were pretty easy. I decided not to do Oregon because you can do up to 15 trips a year without paying their bond etc. I highly doubt I venture to NY and may never go to Oregon but a few times just to do it.

for the IRP, at the Ft Worth regional office you can’t go inside for IRP, but you can fill out all the paperwork and include all your residency info etc and drop it off at certain hours. In Ft Worth you get in a line outside and a lady comes out and asks what you are doing. You tell them. They go get you a Manila envelope and you put your info on it and paperwork in it and hand it over and she carries it inside to the abyss. You can also ask to pick up your plates in person and forego shipping. To save some time. So I think if you call you ,at be able to drop it off vs ,ail it in. Lady on phone told me it is much faster.

In the end it is a real pain in the arse with the Pandemic. Plus they just make it much harder than it needs to be.

I am afraid to harass IFTA people anymore... I get the feeling they are putting my application at the bottom of the pile when I call. I will let y’all know when it arrives.

650cat425 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  7. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    They called me yesterday, and greenlit my packet. I expect the plates to arrive today or tomorrow. Just submitted IFTA app, and called them to make sure it was all correct. They said twenty days from the day they receive the app to get my decals.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  8. staceydude

Apr 3, 2020
    I hope yours comes in a helluva lot faster than mine. Lolol. Heck you may get yours before me.

9. Nicknice

Nicknice Light Load Member

May 10, 2014
    Thanks guys. As bad as it sounds. I kind of feel good I'm not the only one getting ####ed over with all this.
    I'm just going to jump right in and join the party.
    I will keep yous informed what's going on and ask any questions as they come up.

10. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    You know, barring all the BS I went through, you could technically fill out your app correctly the first time, submit the supporting documentation, and get greenlit in 10 to 15 days. I think my situation might be a worse case scenario.

11. staceydude

Apr 3, 2020
    The almighty king neptune is rising from the sea... lolol I got my IFTA... for 2020,

Now what to do to get my 2021 stickers? Lol

dwells40 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.