Am I the only truck driver without a bluetooth headset?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DenBob, Dec 12, 2018.

1. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    No more distracting than listening to music on the radio or having a rare actual conversation over the cb.

JReding and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    What if you put your hand near your ear while listening to music on the radio ?
    Would that then create an unacceptable level of distraction ?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    No, I don't have one, either.

I like to make dispatch wait for my return calls, and Mrs Skillet doesn't like to bother me when I'm driving.

Jazz1, dwells40 and DenBob Thank this.
  5. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Why? I am gonna talk whatever .****** language I want to and wherever I want to and this is none of your ****** business.

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I don’t have one. I don’t anyone interrupting my “zone” when I’m driving

homeskillet and DenBob Thank this.
  7. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    How did that serve you once you left the numbered routes ? You relied on company directions for the last mile or two ? I'll take GPS over those anyday. Most ''directions'' I've been given were only usable if approached from a certain direction, and looked as if they were entered into data by a slow child. I never even look at them now. GPS will definitely give you a bum steer now and then but in my experience it (almost) only ever happens once you've missed a turn or otherwise f8cked up already, and it scrambles to put you back on route. You learn to spot when it can't be trusted. Like...this looks like a suburban cul de sac or a path into a marijuana plantation.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    My guess is rare earths.

You can drive those with very exceedingly rare metals from more hostile lands around this planet.

I have a feeling when we hook onto rocks past Mars we might find a abundance of everything. Remember even stars go through the periodic table metals as go to failure in some cases.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I guess it's an Amish thing (not keeping up with technology I mean)...not having something that makes life a little easier like a gps, bluetooth or smart phone to me is like saying "I don't want any of that new fangled air ride, a/c, power steering or any of those wussie single stick transmissions." For me, I've driven all the old stuff (except the 2 stick trans) with and without air ride or a/c, and I have waited in line for a payphone (and had my own 800 number at home)...I welcome any technology that makes my life and my job even a slight bit easier or more convenient...of course, as often as technology fails me...I have threatened to grow my beard, put on a black hat, shed my modern ways and become Amish more than once. So, who am I to talk.

Btw, in my truck I currently have 3 bluetooth headsets(I left the 4th...and best one, at home), 2 phones, a GPS, 2 tablets and a wireless printer that talks to my phone and both tablets...technology is my friend...and if you see this glowing mass moving across a truckstop after dark, it's probably me, glowing from all the wireless radio waves my body has absorbed. Oh, and I also have a bluetooth wireless keyboard connected to my company's Peoplenet because it's touchscreen doesn't always like my touches.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Lepton1 and roshea Thank this.
  10. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    This is good and I have a Blue Parrot...but it stays in the truck. I don't need to talk while on the toilet nor at Denny's. Come on guys. Yes technology is good, but we are not trading stock on Wall Street. Please I beg you, stop having conversations while sitting in the neighboring stall. I really don't want to hear it.

Digger130, Lepton1, 86scotty and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I would hazard a guess most posts here are done in washrooms. Time is of the essence.:D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.