just got home from training with truck

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bosshog7519, Mar 25, 2008.

1. bosshog7519

bosshog7519 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Ypsilani mi
    i've been gone from home about 6 weeks. Wait let me back up I attended FT Wayne IN, c1 school. hotel sucked, training was ok,came home for 7 days and left with trainer, waited a week for my truck finally got it and drove for a week. Im keeping it simple for a reason because i see a lot of people on here whining. NOT EVERYONE is but alot. T o anyone looking into trucking the biggest piece of advice a rookie can give is keep it simple and for the most part thing will work themselves out. P.A.M. isnt the greatest company to work for but, hell what company that's out there that doesnt have a negative remark about it on this website. IM not sticking up for the companies whatsoever. But its all what you make of it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Congrats driver for finishing school. From what you said about the other companies. Your absolutely correct. They all have there little quirks. You seem to have a positive outlook, which is a good thing. Stay strong and get your year or two in. Then the door is wide open for you.

4. Lugnut1968

Lugnut1968 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Newnan Ga
    Congrats!!!

Yeah a positive outlook will be beneficial in this industry. Murphy's Law is your co-driver. Learning to take all kinds of BS in stride is one of the best skills to have.

Did they give you plenty of yard time once you passed the written? I know I will be the class tard (starting the 31st in AR) when it comes to backing those things up.

5. BillyJ

BillyJ Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats on your first driving job! Best of luck to you and stay safe on the road out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.