Just graduated from CR England

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by will7370, Nov 5, 2009.

1. will7370

will7370 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    I just graduated from the CR England truck school in Salt Lake at the end of September. My Phase I trainer and I then put about 20,000 miles on the road during October. I've had no complaints about anything so far. It got me in a truck, and out on the road making money. And by going though my local One-Stop Career Center (they're nationwide, just Google for it), I got Obama to completely pay for my school tuition. You guys can bad mouth England all you want, but I'm working, putting miles on the road and making money. Anything I didn't learn in school will come in time from other drivers, and experience on the road. I'm glad I stopped wringing my hands about which school to go to and actually did something about it.

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

I paid for your school, thank me the taxpayer. Obama has no money. Congrats on getting your license !! Glad you're doing well !! Keep us posted !! Good Luck !!

Spacer and 94nole Thank this.
  4. Beechvtail

Beechvtail Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Now to find that Obama Freight to haul...

5. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Did they make you lease? I noticed they took off "become a company driver" on their training timeline.

6. jeremy31

jeremy31 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2009
    maypearl, Texas
    I live in texas and there is a cr england here. I have always wanted to go but get a negative vibe from other truck driving schools and web sites I go to. I'm glad it worked out good for you hearing your story makes me want to go there too.

7. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Congratulations on your accomplishment. Do your time and in a year or two. New doors will open for you. Now go change your wannabe status. :biggrin_25523:

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  8. Im4Jesus

Im4Jesus Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northeast
    Congrats and Godspeed.We'll see you out there:yes2557:

9. will7370

will7370 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    No, England has not made me lease. They've introduced me to the program, and are letting me go on the road with a lease owner for a couple of months to get the information "straight from the horse's mouth". After that, I'm free to make up my own mind. They just want me to be able to make an informed decision. I have no plans to lease. Just become a company driver for a year until my OTR is sufficient to get a local driving job and be home every night.

As for the England school in Dallas, Texas, it is closed from what I hear. It's either Salt Lake, Mira Loma (Ontario, CA) or Indiana now.

10. will7370

will7370 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Supposedly, England closed their school in Dallas, Texas. You have to go to one of the other three now, from what I hear.

11. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    What ever you do READ the lease! OR send it to OOIDA and let them tell you if it's a good idea. Some companies will have "special" trainers that get fantastic miles so the trainee will be impressed and want to dive right in. Don't take what you see with him very seriously but talk to other lease drivers first!

kickin chicken and JustSonny Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.