just hired with werner and didnt ask ab a cell phone

Discussion in 'Werner' started by txmotogal, May 17, 2010.

1. txmotogal

txmotogal Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    TX
    does werner provide drivers with cell phones? or...do we have to provide our own? How would we call any of the 800 #'s like logs and payroll etc. if they dont provide us with a cell phone?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    You will have to provide your own.
    But since dispatch is Q-com (I think), ya wont likely need one.

Also beware many states are banning their use by drivers.

4. Klown

Klown Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Satellite Beach, Fl
    Stay away from werner...
    If u break down thay will want a Q-com msg and for u to call break down and sit on hold for at least 2 hours and thats if there not busy.
    If u live in a good area with options of driving for another company do yourself and favor and find someone eles to drive for. Werner will put a bad taste in your mouth.

johnday Thanks this.
  5. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

There are a handful of companies that provide cellphones to the drivers. Werner isn't one of them. I think they do have some sort of deal worked out with a cell provider, many companies do, I can't recall what company, if any, Werner uses. They consider you lucky if you just get a workable truck, in my 11 week experience with them.:biggrin_2557:

A portion of a cellphone cost is tax deductible. Being a driver, you will be using one for business.

Please don't yap and drive though, regardless of what some think, there ARE studies out there that have determined that phone usage is a distraction that is figured into many crashes. Please don't be one of them, especially if you're going around my slow orange truck.:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.