Just need HONEST answers about Landstar

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Beethoven, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    Look guys its simple here at Landstar you put on your big boy pants and run your truck! Your expected to know what and how your going to do it, no one is going to spoon feed you loads and tell you when you have to leave the house or go home. The worst week ive ever had hear was 1,000 i only ran 1 load and 1 day out. The only way you fail here is if your not self motivated and you dont make good choices! If you need help you call the office and ill bet you can talk to someone who has the awnser for your question. Your setup to succsed here, if you dont make money they dont make money period! But then again its up to you on how much money you make here. Oh btw my average weeks i take home about 3,000 clear, thats after fuel,road expenses, put in the bank account money!
    Yall Have Fun Now, Hope yalll make the right choice

Zangief Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. imsaved01

imsaved01 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012

4. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    We made a $1.60, all miles with CRST last year. That's $168,000. Your figure seems really high, unless you get primo loads. We have friends who grossed $285,000. They've been around 20 years and get the best loads.

'We switched to Landstar in May. We own our own SD trailer. Hubby runs a week, stays home a week. We grossed $11,000 per month, for 6 months. That's been fine, but we really need $15,000 a month, for savings. I'm going back on the truck. We'll stay out 3 weeks, home for 1 week. Hubby wants to park our trailer, take a dry van and run like hell. I don't know. I'd rather be on the truck and see what we do, together. A dry van is 65%?

Had a load stripped from us, today. Landstar pulled an account from an agent. WTF? I had to find another load, after I cussed Landstar. Messed up our best plans.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    There is absolutely no need to be rude to people. I've reported your post. If you would read through the threads you'd see no one is the same, and you don't survive here with the thought process of cpm. You survive by knowing your gross and net and going from there.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  6. truckfam

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    You could do it, as long as you stay East of the Mississippi. If you go out West, you're staying out.

We live in Oklahoma. DH has been going out for 10 days, then coming home. Our gross is similar to our old gig, but the bills are growing. If we really want to make money, we're going to have to run for a month to 6 weeks. We have pulled 200 - 250 miles on loads and made $1000 per day. Those short runs were more profitable and we stacked two per day. We haven't done it with Landstar, yet. I think it's how we'll spend the winter. You could do the same.

7. truckfam

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    Wow! I do apologize. We don't run on cpm, we run on rates and our costs. I'm so sorry if I was rude.

8. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I appreciate that. Apology accepted. We have some great people here at the star that pull loads for us and I work hard to build relationships with all of them. I've learned the hard way myself about what may be misconstrued is as an insult around here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.