just on board with PLT

Discussion in 'PTL' started by freightliner1557, Nov 6, 2008.

1. freightliner1557

freightliner1557 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    somewhere in america
    Well I just came aboard with PTL...Avice I can give to others DO NOT SIGN ON HERE. Got to the motel "the rats nest inn " the rooms are nasty,full of roaches...Orientation is hardly more than a joke you do get lunch but it is what ever thay want to give you and the food is sorry....Thay never have trucks for you after orentation...Finally got a truck assigned.Well it is a total peice of crap spent the whole frist day in the shop just to go to memphis and go back in the shop...The truck had not even been cleaned when I got it.You cant even see the color of the floor for the filth...Orentation pay is 200.00 after you accept frist dispatch. You have to buy their load locks,pad locks,jumper cables,and an air hose which totals 198.00 that comes out of your pay # 15.00 a week. Dont sweat the road test as thay do not even make you back up to see if you know what u r doing.....That may be the reason why there trucks are totally trashed out....Been here 2 days and looking for the next company already......P.S If ya need medical insurance too bad because you will be waiting 6 months b 4 u r able to get it.........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    6 mths for ins.? guess you forgot the supplemental ins that starts in 30 days huh?? not bustin you cause we got of orientation 2 weeks ago and sat 8 days in murray then finnaly got to leave that hell hole and we succcessfully as a team got 2300 miles woo hooo. needless to say we have already left and start a new job next week. When you quit i'll tell ya now you will be put thru hell and a lot of #### talk to get to murray then they will make you sit at the baymont inn till 7pm to carry you to the bus station we said the hell with all that we called mama nancy's cab i believe it was but her number is in the lounge at the north lot, and for 60 bucks she carried us to the airport in paducah and we rented car and come the hell home. That was the 2nd and LAST time we will ever go there. It seems to get worse everyday oh well i'm gonna post a write up on my our expriance there

4. freightliner1557

freightliner1557 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    somewhere in america
    thkx 4 ur replay,the supplemental ins pays hardly nothing,I lasted 3 weeks and will never go back for a scond round of screwing.....This round was plenty enough for me to learn from....

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    just on board with PLT

Who is PLT?:biggrin_25523:

6. .357magnum

.357magnum Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Holmes Pa
    Paschall Truck Lines, I think. Sounds like a nice place..........lol
    :biggrin_25526:

7. camo

camo Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Florida
    I've been with PTL for four months now. Miles aren't very good ( 1500-2500) weekly. Most runs are about 500-900 miles,sometimes delivery appointments are tight.But, most times they give your more than enough time to be ontime. I don't have any other complaints about them.Actualy if my miles get better I might even decide to stay a year or more. I'm not going to blame them for freight shortages it's the same with every other company out there these days. It's just hard anywhere to make the big bucks these days.:biggrin_2553:

8. primetime1971

primetime1971 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    canton,ga
  9. unpredictable8158

unpredictable8158 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Baltimore Md
    how much is ur average pay with PTL when you started,is it weekliy and and direct deposit

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.