Just started with Salt Lake Trucking Group

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Fabulous Maximus, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Salt Lake Trucking Group hires new cdl grads?
    Website has "1 yr. experience required", so goes to show, all websites aren't up to date.
    Oh, I see; one yr. exp. for FedEx Ground division.
    You're in "Road Division."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Now following Fabulous Maximus. This is going to be fun.

Fabulous Maximus and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    This guy is great lol. I just picture him standing in line at the store with pet stain remover and someone starts a conversation "oh man, dog made a mess..that sucks" and he's like "nah, I accidentally pissed on the floor where I sleep"..... crickets...lol

Fabulous Maximus and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  5. Fabulous Maximus

Fabulous Maximus Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2019
    Haha I’m glad someone enjoyed my delirious ramblings, thanks man

FlaSwampRat and RoadRooster Thank this.
  6. Fabulous Maximus

Jun 29, 2019
    Lol this made my day man, I’m just going to pretend that actually happened

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. Fabulous Maximus

Jun 29, 2019
    Yeah, I’m in Road Division currently; The recruiter that hired me works directly for the FedEx side and was trying to hire me there, but it would have taken a couple weeks or something; She said I’ll just get you in Road now and we’ll flip you over as soon as possible, so I’ll keep you updated on what happens with that. Based on my experience they seemed to be concerned only with having Hazmat and Doubles/Triples, with a heavy emphasis on Hazmat.

Chinatown and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. Fabulous Maximus

Jun 29, 2019
    Welcome to the #### show, brother ✌

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. Fabulous Maximus

Jun 29, 2019
    We got into the yard about 0030 this morning MDT and dropped off our 53 footer from Kansas City, then bobtailed over to the Pilot (might have been a Flying J, same difference) to finally grab a #### shower. I’ve got my go bag ready, so I went in and got my ticket. I had been sleeping so I was still kinda waking up and was sitting over by the showers absentmindedly watching Sportscenter. My trainer was already washing up and I’m waiting for my number to get called. Trainer walks out of shower 2, I’m still waiting so he heads to the truck. I notice this dude in a leather jacket that looks 2 sizes too big for him, I’ll fitting jeans, cheap sneakers, and the worst bowl cut you’ve ever seen shuffling down into the hall where the shower stalls are, so my interest is piqued. He’s clearly homeless and just looks like he’s up to something, I watch him walk down the hall looking at all the stall doors and then shuffle back out past me. Ok whatever, back to not watching Sportscenter... A couple minutes later this guy shuffled back past me into the hall, naturally I start paying attention to him. (I’ve been waiting about 20-30 minutes at this point.) I watch this guy duck quickly into the employee closet on the right, exit with two towels in hand, and walk into the shower stall that my trainer has just exited. I don’t know whether to be pissed because I’ve been waiting so long, or impressed because this ####er just hit a lick on a shower. Oh well, nothing I can do, but this old head next to me that’s been waiting with me this whole time snorts and says ####ing homeless people can get a shower but we can’t. Indeed, my friend, that appears to be the case. Finally one of the employees and the security guard that’s about 5’5 and walking around with this big ### cop belt walk back and start looking in the chairs for something that someone left or some ####. So, I say hey is there any way we can get an update on when our showers will be ready? The old head next to me immediately rats out the homeless dude in the shower. I had to agree that yes, in fact, some homeless dude was presently scrubbing his balls in the open stall my trainer had recently vacated. Well they get all ok we got this, bang on the door and ask if he has a ticket, I guess he yells something back and then the girl goes, “Ok well we need to see it when you get done...” Well played random homeless man, well played. The #### are they gonna do? Kick him out after he walks out smelling like an Irish mountainside after a nice rain? Finally, a different employee walks back and says ok you can go in now and our numbers get called... I walk into my stall, and to my surprise it has been ready the whole ####ing time. Whatever, I’m happy to wash my ###, brush my teeth, and bail the #### out. Get back to the truck and my trainer asks if I saw Sherrif Barney Fife in there, I crack the #### up and know immediately he’s talking about the security dude. He tells me while I was in the shower some lot lizard came out and jumped in this busted RV parked to our left and we laugh about it. He says he’s gonna blow the horn when we pull out and tell her to get the dick out of her mouth, I tell him not to she might bite the poor #######’s junk off. (He didn’t). So, we decide I’ll grab a couple more hours sleep while he hooks up and we roll out then switch. Cool, I’m only running on like 5 hours at this point.

Edited for #### spelling.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. Fabulous Maximus

Jun 29, 2019
    We swap out around 0700 somewhere just into Nevada and I take over. I swear the sun just coming up while riding through the desert is one of the greatest ways to wake up. I thoroughly enjoyed that drive. I get into California and the weigh station is closed, but the truck through lane is packed for a BOL checks. I watch about 12 trucks go through without a hitch and as I roll up I notice how hot the authority chick was that I was coming up on. I smile and say hello, she asks for BOL and I say yeah, got em right here, she takes them and says great pull over there and come inside, I’ll look through them. Well ####, I guess you won’t be getting my number... That wasn’t the load I was concerned with dropping off, however, so I complied and everything was gravy. (Apparently California has been stopping our trucks a bunch recently because of an issue with U-Haul boxes in the Estes trailers we haul; They think we’re going to bring an infestation of Gypsy Moths into Cali is what my trainer tells me... ####ing Californians.) I roll on. Driving through the Sierra Nevadas was ####ing incredible, I can’t describe how much fun I had. Definitely an experience I’ll remember forever, those grades are fun. I get into Sacramento and make my drop about 1630 local time. Man, I am so proud to be a part of this community and I am having a ####ing blast. Stay safe drivers ✌

11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    You seriously aren't cut out for truck driving and need to stop.

You should be writing ####ing books. Please do and I will buy everyone I know a copy lol.

Fabulous Maximus Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted