Just talked to Gordon Drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by MJensen, Jan 30, 2012.

1. MJensen

MJensen Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Medford OR
    That is true that no one is holding a gun to her head drive or park hmmm we can way the odds and always take it up the chain of command.... What is the word oh yea
    DRIVER RESPONSIBILITY.
    :biggrin_2559:

SierraSemiDriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    She's afraid they'll just make her sit rather than fix it. I had issues with my espar heater last winter. Took a dump in 0 deg temps; I was like 5 miles from a Thermo king shop and they spent the money on a hotel rather than fixing it there. I went over a month with no bunk heater, and the idle was turned off. Then Gordon's shops worked (fiddled, actually) on it three times before they finally let me take it to a TK shop, where they had it fixed in 2 hours. So yeah, like others here have said, their maintenance dept is lacking

4. MJensen

Jan 27, 2012
    Medford OR
    It could be just the department though too maybe I don't know.

5. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    You know, just starting out, you have a massive list of companies to choose from, Former Lance "Criminal".

:biggrin_25519:

6. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Well i drove for them for a year and there are a lot of different stories out there from all kinds of drivers. There are a lot of guys very happy that are on dedicated acct's and they couldn't be happier..not always the case though.I always avg'd over 2500 /week....but they tried pushing me to run harder then I knew I could run....all the time. My dispatch,who never had any time behind the wheel, tried telling me how far I could make it and how long it should take me...Never mind that I was pulling 78K down the road and trying to make it to Denver thru the snow and traffic on the 70....Oh yeah, since they turned the trucks down so much, going 30 mph all the way up to the tunnel was a battle in its self...It almost felt like I had to fight and argue with them over every run....I was out 3-4 wks at a time and only once took 3 days off...My phone had 10 messages on it to come back early cause they needed drivers....blahhhhh...All I can say is that once Dad handed over the business keys to his sons, things went down hill fast....oh well

7. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York

I drove for GTI for 2 1/2 yrs. and agree with some of what nicnat said. I stayed out 31 days and always took my 5 days of hometime. I was on the U.S. fleet and ran over 2800 miles per week while I was out, many weeks over 3000. I was sent pre-plans that I could not do, replied with a safe and legal ETA, and was either taken off, relayed, or given an updated appointment. I was never asked to come back early from hometime, but did know drivers who were. It is all about who your DM is, not a company policy.

8. MJensen

Jan 27, 2012
    Medford OR
    That is what I was thinking of doing going out 31 taking 5 off seems like a better deal.

9. SRGLRGINCHRG

SRGLRGINCHRG Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I dont think any company gets a safety rating like Gordons by telling people to drive when they are not safe. personally I would take those comments with a grain of salt.

sbv Thanks this.
  10. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Well they DID try to order me to chain and push thru a nasty storm on Donner after I told them I felt it wasn't safe. Told me 'our policy is this: if the road is open you are expected to chain and go regardless of conditions'

11. Round2

Round2 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2012
    WA
    They always have. While I am starting Round2 of driving, that is where I want to end up. When I was an O/O in the eighties I knew many there and they all stayed. After a 22yr layoff to raise my family I am forced to TRUCKER SCHOOL and no one recognizes any of my previous years exp. so it will take a year or so to get there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.