K&B transportation. An honest review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Bakari, you keep telling that kb is the best and its far far away from the truth. I believe either you are from management and posing like a driver or they are paying you for this charade or you have a close relative working at the kb office.
    Any other reason you would come up with would be a big fat lie.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Western flyer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I have a friend who is a hard runner, but a nervous Nelly. He is an o/o running new furniture from down south to New Jersey. Based on conversations with Ashley drivers, he has told me that if his truck dies, he will go to Ashley, but never K&B!

4. zep1218

zep1218 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Agawam
    Just looked up K&b on ripoff report..WOW!!!!

alghazi, Davebox and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Read the reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor. Probably running about 80% negative on the ones done by drivers. So we've got 4 sites with the OVERWHELMING majority of folks reviewing negatively (with most saying basically the same things as well) yet the 2 guys posting positively here are to be believed...lol

The only thing I believe about either one of them is that, while they may indeed be drivers, they are nothing but damage control posters sent here in an attempt to make a good name for K&B.

Too bad for them that most of us can see through the bull ####...

alghazi and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. zep1218

zep1218 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Agawam
    What he said...

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It takes 55 seconds to drive 1 mile at 65 mph. Time your truck on straight level road and compare it to the speedo. I time mine as the mile marker post goes past the A pillar, post between windshield and passenger door. Essentially for speeds from 55-65mph 1 second above or below 60 seconds translates to 1 mph above or below 60 mph. The key is to be on straight & level road, on cruise control, same lane for the one mile, and most importantly use the same landmark on your truck to start & stop timing.

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I have never worked for K&B, so I do not have a dog in this fight, but based on what I have seen from @Davebox They sound like the lowest of the bottom feeders, Inc.

I have worked for a good size regional carrier, a cartage company that pulled their own 53' containers and an o/o flatbed company owned by one of the largest mega carriers, plus several small carriers in 16 years of driving. I have only once been micromanaged, by being asked why I was only 50 miles away from the receiver 6 hours after my appointment. When I left Pacer, the office manager got me on conference call with the dispatcher to try to figure out how they could keep me from leaving. I went to leave Mega Flatbed, Inc. because their inspection failed me on something that they had passed, and 8 other quarterly inspections had too. My fleet manager offered me a loan to fix everything rather than let me leave.

That K&B didn't offer to get @Davebox to his father's bedside is unconscionable and foolish. That would be the perfect retention opportunity, but they blew it, which speaks volumes for the corporate character.

sgt50, Dale thompson and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. Davebox

Davebox Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    So i know this thread is old but is anyone still watching it_

Nextup Thanks this.
  10. TheFriscoKid

TheFriscoKid Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2015
    I just started reading this thread..,how are things going there?

11. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    I'm still with K&B. I won't retire here but it's a solid job: good pay, equipment, maintenance, customer base ...like most though, I don'r care much for the dispatch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.