K&B Transportation. HONEST review!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bakari742, Jan 31, 2016.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    K&B has a bad reputation that they rightfully earned

jason6541 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakari742

Bakari742 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    When did you work there?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Im sorry but you cam defend that co all you want..that’s your right...They have a nasty reputation for a reason I know many people that I’ve worked there including close friends and everyone of them have said the same thing... A company continues to showcase the reputation they have by their behavior and dozens and dozens and dozens of drivers all say the same thing it really speaks volumes about a company and frankly any company that turns around and two days after you put in an application wanna put you on a plane to Sioux City Iowa what does that tell you about them?
    They’re in a hurry to put a driver in a truck before the driver figures them out..

their crap about calling cops on drivers who won’t wake up and answer the phone for them is another reason they have a horrible reputation...

and those recorded audio tapes that were broadcast over the media of the way that dispatcher was talking to that one driver is another example of why that company is garbage because nobody in the reputable right mind would ever put up with nonsense like that and you can’t say that’s an isolated incident because I’ve had friends that worked there and they’ve said the same thing has happened to them

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. justanotherdriverhere

justanotherdriverhere Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Updates: The pet policy has been done away with (unfortunately). It is my understanding that the drivers that had pets on board when they rolled out the pet policy have been able to keep them with their dispatcher's permission. They still have a rider policy though. The only thing that sucks about the rider policy is it's only good for 30 days (not a year like most companies). It gets tiring having to remember to renew the rider pass every 30 days. All of the newer automatic trucks still have the cruise control disabled when the headlights are engaged. I'm not sure who the genius is that thought that one out lol. The speed is now 65 on cruise and pedal on the newer trucks. Many of the brand new Freightliner trucks have an APU with a kerosene bunk heater that can be topped off in Sioux City, Rochelle, and a few other authorized places during normal business hours. I've been told it's a rare you run out of kerosene because they top the kerosene off when the truck gets it's regular PM service. The truck will continuous idle when the sensor reads below 15 degrees (or something like that). They put refrigerators in the brand new trucks but took out the inverters...so no high wattage appliances for cooking and so on. Seeing the northeast region has become a little more common but still a rarity (once or twice a month) and NYC is forced (not optional like most companies). Pay guarantee went up to $1350 a week. That's about all you see unless you run really hard or you get a safety, inspection, or referral bonus. Night dispatch is still a trip. I don't think that's ever going to change. They amended the policy regarding interrupting 10 hour breaks but only a small percentage follow the amended policy. They still have you relay in the middle of your 10 hour breaks. They still expect you to stay on break by either staying on customer's property or using PC driving time so that you can roll straight off a 10 (or an 8/2 7/3 combo) causing very little rest. I'm not big on job hopping but still exploring other options if things continue like they are

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Great Plains Transport has the guaranteed $1250 weekly and that continues even when on home time.
    Dog pet policy from day one.
    Rider from day one.
    68 mph trucks.
    Kenworth, Freightliners, Automatics, 68mph, with APU, Fridge and Inverters.
    ~
    Great Plains Transport | Truck Driving Company | North Dakota
    Great Plains Transport | Truck Driving Company | North Dakota
    Great Plains Transport is a North Dakota trucking company featuring refrigerated freight, cargo, and dedicated transportation services while offering long haul OTR truck driving jobs in 48 states.
    ~

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Knucklehead and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    They will continue to be horrible..have been for yrs..

8. BboySupreme

BboySupreme Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2021
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME....
    I was told by a recruiter named Joshua that I was accepted to work for K&B knowing that I worked 4 trucking companies in 1 year before I got into this company. He told me that they reviewed it & was okay with it, he then bought me my plane tickets to get to Nashville so I can do my orientation over there. After I did my drug test, backing test, & my road test they send me back to the building & told me to pack up & leave. I asked why & they said that I worked to many trucking companies in 1 year. But the recruiter already knew about this & still accepted me. Now I'm being sent back going to bus to bus which will take me 3 days because I live in Florida. They didn't serve me my lunch & had to pay for bags to get on the bus & outside junk food for the nest 3 days & probably a place to stay because the next bus won't be here until 15 hours from now. So thank you K&B for wasting my time, my money, & for ruining my week. FYI, I saw other drivers waiting for the bus as well & I asked what happened & they said that they don't know because K&B don't have to tell you why they are not hiring you.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    They have had a horrible reputation for as far back as I can remember 20 or more years for sure.

Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Run tired, get fired

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  11. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    companies should be fine or something to bring you aboard only let you go and it will show you went orientation as for another job so will look even worst have had something like happen me there just too many garbage companies and i hope companies who do this bought out or go under.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.