K&B Transportation - Sioux City, IA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Voyager1968, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    WOW! "I'll Try means that it isn't going to happen" Really? Not here we don't try we get it done! Really what if he slept and then was told to sleep again? I'm not sleeping just to sleep... If I'm not tired I can't sleep another 8-9 hours! i'd be just like this guy. I hope he let them know he wasn't going to move!

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  4. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Sorry dude set that company up. He knew he was suppose to get some rest. What does he think this is a vacation. He was mad because he got a short load and was trying to stick it to the company. I think he will have a hard time finding employment in the future.

HotH2o and truckon Thank this.
  5. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    I agree with the guy in the video. . Threatening his job. . Taking his pay. . And 3 different people trying to manipulate him into driving when he has stated HE IS NOT SAFE TO DRIVE.

And the people trying to manipulate him get "talked to"?

You're the captain of the ship. . You wreck, You hurt someone or kill someone? The company will abandon YOU in a heartbeat. They will go into CYA mode. Not just this company. . Any company.

You did the right thing shutting down. .

The only thing I didn't see was you communicating with your BL that you weren't going to be able to do the load, so they could change the delivery or set up a relay.

Communication is truly the key in these situations.

Toomanybikes and pattyj Thank this.
  6. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    This guy was so sleepy but he could set up his phone/recording device and all that junk, and he knew what they were going to say. He hauls reefer and he knows dang well. He suppose to get his rest so he can do the load that is planned on him. He really couldn't drive 5 hours after 20 hours in the sleeper. I would of done the same thing if I was the dispatcher. They are paid to move loads and motivate these wanna be You tube stars. These guys don't want to drive they just want to make you tube video's and grow bad facial hair.

truckon, ghostrider405 and bamanation Thank this.
  7. crackinwise

crackinwise Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Central Florida

Ill agree with you if this is an isolated incident with a bad dispatcher but if this is the culture of the comapany then K&B is a bad company. When drivers commit an unsafe act they are fired and the incident is on their record forever. I wonder if the same applies to a dispatcher?? If a driver says they are not safe to drive and a dispatcher uses threats to keep the load moving it should be considered an unsafe act by the dispatcher.

I think the most unbelievable part of the video is when they sent the police to wake the driver.......That was just blatent intimidation.

Jaguar115 Thanks this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    It sure does.This is the 4th same video on this site.Im glad its getting shared.everybody needs to see this.Im done defending kb.

kbar909 Thanks this.
  9. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Can you sleep one night, wake up for two hours, be told to go do a 10 hour, and then drive straight through the night on a tight load? Safely?

Just because you have done in the past doesn't mean you're safe. Regardless if you think he was 'out to get the company'.... it's still his call whether to drive or not if tired. That's a rule meant to protect the driver and the company can fly a kite.

And based on the original thread, he's apparently salaried, so he was getting paid the same regardless which load they gave him. The fact they couldn't tell him a day in advance that he'd be doing an AM delivery and then an overnight red-eye was Problem #1. #2 was when he told dispatch he probably couldn't make that happen but would try, that they didn't attempt any other solution. And problem #3 was telling him he could get some sleep (2 hours, as stated in the video),... and then called the cops 45 minutes later to go check on him because they coerced the cops into thinking he might have had a health problem or had died because they 'couldn't get ahold of him for hours'. Way to waste public services. Hope nothing bad happened in that town while KB uses their patented 'wake up service' known as Law Enforcement to the rest of us.

Secondly, if they do let him go, it would be retaliation for refusing to drive unsafe. Which just dumps more fuel on the fire for the company.

Toomanybikes, pattyj and Roadmedic Thank this.
  10. Giltner1

Giltner1 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I.E. SO-CAL
    Wow run hard get paid? Not that day. I wonder if that driver will be employed by Monday? I think he burned that bridge. Not a good move putting that on you tube, that's just my opinion.

truckon and Dinomite Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Some drivers thinks just because they would take the load with little sleep,everyone should.

Sly Fox, drvrtech77 and BigBluePeter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.