K&N vs Fleet air filter

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ShakieHead, Jun 26, 2014.

1. ShakieHead

ShakieHead Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2014
    In a van down by the river
    I'm curious if anyone could give me any opinions on the two different air filters. I know that Kevin dude endorses the fleet so most people have those but I run a K&N in all my personal vehicles an us a cone style on my drag car so I have experience with them. Also the K&N is half the price, so it's hard to justify a extra 150+ dollars for a air filter that is no different or better. Any opinions or advise on this.

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. j.r.1981

j.r.1981 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    My dad has run a k&n in his 2007 Columbia for a couple years now. He likes it. Enjoys not having to buy throw away air filters. Never used one in my truck but he doesn't have any complaints. I run one in my goldwing though.

4. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I pt a Fleet filter in my Columbia & got no measurable increase in performance or economy. It was a major PITA to clean. I'll just stick with paper- 3 minutes to change & I'm on the road again. I have K&N's in both my bikes & like them, but they are way smaller, thus easier to clean & don't need to be cleaned as often.

5. ShakieHead

ShakieHead Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2014
    In a van down by the river
    For the price of a fleet I could buy 2 K&N filters an when it's time to clean just swap an clean the other when I get time. An I don't know about the fleet but the K&N simply spray solution let sit for a min then water hose it after it drys respray oil an let sit for a few then reinstall.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.