Kansas City Fleet info?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Dark_Majesty_06, May 24, 2013.

1. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Well,

I often get curious about other companies and thier fleets. I was looking on CL and found a ad for kc fleet. Your out 5 and home 2. Says 2000-2200 miles and you only run il,mo,ar,ks,ok,co and tx. Says with my exp i cab earn .39cpm.
    Im curious if anyone is on this fleet and can vouch for what ive said. Is this a big mega company that gives no respect or is a honestly large family company? How are the trucks? They set up for mpg or to pull? Do they have drive air suspension gauges? Whats this i hear about them telling you where you can and cannot park?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PST

PST Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    USA
    Whats the name of the Company?

4. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    well.. the post is under the "interstate" company dac reports ^.^
    im not on the KC regional so I dont know much about that, and I have one of the older trucks so cant help ya there either. for the past few weeks everyone coming in, or most anyway, were getting the new kenworth 680's tho I havent seen any of them around the terminal anymore. As far as where to park, not sure if you mean taking the truck home or certain locations(Truck stops) that are restricted, they have a list of places they don't want us stopping at for one reason or another, past issues, trucks getting broken into, stuff like that.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  5. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Thanks blue. Yeah, i heard truck stops were restricted from you stoping there. I understand you have problems but if im out of hours and its the only place... how is that dealt with? Is the company over all satisifing for ya?

6. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    the list isnt all that big, more out west so since Im regional midwest I've never run into an issue. Going ok, usual stuff ya wish ya could get, more miles, sometimes having to wait for a cosg on a load you could have delivered much earlier. Saturdays seem to be not so good for loads but usually im home then.

7. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Gotcha. Well I was told i cold be home weekends too. I spoke with cameren this afternoon and she is from tye same company i left. I left for a reason and she kinda spooked me when she said, since your from crete, you will fill right at home? All i got at crete was low miles and constant grieft from upper management. I just want to run my 2500 a week and be home with the family on weekends, holidays and special occassions.
    Also, any insider info on orientation and driving test? I was told most of the first day is spent out in the yard? Why? Is orentation have that many people that it takes all day to have a quick test and back in a spot? Or is it more like taking my cdl test over again?

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  8. OregonJoe

OregonJoe Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    Interstate is very good with telling the truth in the ads. in fact they do undersell the mileage and on the kc regional you will get everything advertised. On the flip side this is trucking. Loads do get delayed trucks break down and lots of variables come into play that could mess your week up or make your week rock star status. You just have to roll with the punches its the same with most large companies. We have over 1700 trucks really not a small carrier and not family owned. The company is now owned by Salt Chuck Resources if you wish to google who they are...........

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  9. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    I appreciate it oregon! I was with a small company but had a booboo.. So i was given a chance by interstate but like i said.. When the recruiter brought up crete.. I had horrible flashbacks. Crete and I just werent a good fit for one another. Like i said, if i get home on time, meet the mileage i was told when able too and my checks are right.. Ill stick with it till a local fuel job comes open in a few years.
    Question, do you guys have that collison avoidence system? The one that puts the brakes on or lets off the accel when you get to close to someone?

10. OregonJoe

OregonJoe Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    yes the trucks have SafeGuard only if the cruise is on.... Simple don't use the cruise :)

11. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Gotcha.. does the company offer to atleast turn that annoying beep off or down? Goodness, smetmes its impossible to keep the distance that thing wants. Unless you want to slow down 10-15mph in cities and construction.
    Any insight on the driving test and physical? Just a dot physical or a kinda workout type physical and a dot?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.