KB Transportation are liars and cheats!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by madwife72, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I'm not going to sat anything anout K&B as I never drove for them but if they are getting $3.30 a mile from Tyson they are doing great!My old company was getting $2.48 plus incentives! NYC pay,tolls, drops, but they quit the layover pay because of all the other pay. No biggie as NYC is a fun place to layover for a night or 2! Better food than any truck stop and even more of it and it's better than sitting in the TV room next to guys that have no idea about how soap and water works!

I pulled nothing BUT Tyson Frozen out of Rogers to NYC for almost 2 years multi drops on the Resturant Depot account and didn't have any of that "run illegal" crap spoken of as I did my D&H by 12 noon on a Saturday and was sitting in Brooklyn by Sunday night all legal and with time left over to do my 2 days of drops which I got paid very well for! I miss that run, I mean I really, really miss that run, but a bunch of L/P drivers screwed it up when I went in for cancer treatments and they gave them the route!

As for signing anything. If they will not give me a copy, then they can pretty much not see my John Hancock on it! I do NOT put my name to any form with out a copy being given to me! ESPECIALLY a prepared and typed statement saying that I quit my job or be fired! I would have turned around and dropped my jeans so they had a better shot at kissing my arse!

drvrtech77 and gearjammer42 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Please Please Please, we are not children, we are not FORCED to sign anything. If you didn't agree with what was happening or with what you were being ASKED to sign turn around and walk out the door.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    You run an account Rollover. Big difference. What I experienced, Tyson figures out the time for the first drop, then the rest of the drops are when the customer says so.

I looked in my little black book. Here's the first load I come across.

Load comes out 9/4 1900 Olathe, KS ,1363 paid miles, 1st drop is 900 miles and about 27 hours.
    1st drop 9/5 2100, Pensacola, FL
    2nd drop 9/6 0300, Cottonwood, AL
    3rd drop 9/6 0600, Quincy, FL
    4th drop 9/7 0630, Plant City, FL
    5th drop 9/7 0930, Plant City, FL

You have to lose sleep to get to first drop. Day 2 starts around 9/5 at 1600, so your 14 comes around 9/6 at 0600. Drop 2 is a McClane's Food Service, you have an hour and a half to get the freight off to make drop 3 on time.

Turned out the load was three hours late coming out. I ended up getting 3 hours sleep to the 1st drop. They won't reschedule even when loads are late coming out.
    Even if it was on time coming out, the load was impossible.

This is one of many. Most one and two drops are barely doable. It's when they have multiple drops the ball drops.

I remember one Baton Rouge run I had just enough time to get to the 1st drop. Then all 4 drops were immediately after. I worked 23 hrs. that day.

You either do it or end up getting the no load treatment. The money is good. I made $600 that run, but you kill yourself and risk all kinds of bad things.

The other companies we haul for like JBSwift, Farmland and Hormel doesn't pull that crap. Only Tyson.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  5. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I have a lot of respect for refer drivers,but CondoCruisers post is why I would never try it....I would have to get stronger blood pressure dope for sure..Flatbedder for LIFE..?? Probably..:biggrin_2556:

6. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I know Condo! I did that crapola for 32 years! I'd done those impossiable missions! Got the job done without killing myself or a family of 5! But since 1999 that load would have been delivered after our load planners rescheduled the drops! O&S would get loads like that and we'd send in the REAL LIFE schedule on how it had to be as we just did not do crap like that after getting hit by a DOT inspection!

Some of these producers/shippers think their schedule is written in stone but ask them if they will pay the DOT fines and listen to them back paddle! They have to deal with so many different buyers that their heads could explode at the drop of a hat! I know! That NYC wasn't the only Tyson we hauled. We had a lot of trailers sitting in the "chicken city" area of AR! Tyson had a lot of them.

A lot of these appointment setters have no idea! It always reminds me of the "Jody the Dispatcher" cartoons in the old Union 76 monthly books where the most famous one was her in front of the wall map saying "What do you mean you can't make it? it's only 6 inches on the map!" No truer words ever written in a cartoon!"

They also never walk down to the docks and see the same trailer in door 13 thats been sitting there all day waiting for 1 freaking box of fat wings or whatever! Or never made it to Super Stores warehouse and watched that load she scheduled for that 1300 appointment sit there until 0100 before it even hits the dock to pull 3 pallets off, not remembering that, that same trailer has 3 more drops on it and the last one was for 0100! Or NOW!!

Shipping company appointment setters! That job should be left up to the Owner Operator, the load planner or dispatcher!

I can't count the number of times I would get a load plan from many different shippers, look at it, attempt to plan it and then send in that it's an "impossible mission" and they would either have to fix it or give it to someone else as in a team. Fixing it was the easiest. Especially the ones that weren't even loaded when it was to be delivered and you tell the dock foreman or girl at the shipping desk and what do they say?
    Thats your problem! And actually could care less!
    OK! Time for MY schedule!

Besides with whats about to happen to trucking.... fix it or lose more than a little paycheck!

I just spent 30 minutes googling and searching for that cartoon and can't get a hit! If anyone has it please send it to me or post it!

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  7. scottchris71

scottchris71 Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    iowa
    I work for a company that hauls tyson out of most the mid west plants. I never had a issue getting appt times changed when the load comes out late.Most the loads out after the drop time...are always changed the next morning...by our planners....maybe its our contract with tyson...but never had a issue

8. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    OH, I have seen drivers sitting in the docks at Rogers, AR! It happens all the time. I just didn't have that much of a problem as I'd walk in and the ladies behind the desk would have my "book" ready for me" 5 drops alone was 15 pages of signatures!I almost went to Staples and had a stamp with my signature on it made! If I had to go to the dock they would listen and get what needed to be done, done! The dedicated NYC load became known as the "it's that guys load!" You gotta love a reputation!

I can say that when I started the dedicated run to NYC there were a lot of screw up but I got them straightened out and things flowed smoothly.

I guess this is where talking not screaming, explaining not telling and being professional and showing were it was costing them money make your life better! I can't sit and say there were never problems as there is no such thing in trucking but when those problems go from major to so minor it's not a PITA, that makes a big difference. When loads go to the same places and the same mistakes are made over and over but there is a different driver on those loads these problem really don't get taken care of due to the mantra of "IDC I won't be back here again" or "it ain't my problem" attitude of a lot of drivers (these are the same drivers that will drop a trailer with major repairs for the next guy to fix!) It is too much trouble to write it on the BOL as if that little bit of ink will break them or the company gets mad for extra writing on the BOL but over the years I found that a shipper paid more attention to a problem when it was written on the BOL as their customer sees it on the copy they receive with the billing info and the customer then thinks when it happens again that they don't care and could take their business somewhere else! A lot of phone calls are useless! Ink is the same as a picture! The 1000 word deal! It also helps another driver form having to put up with the crapola you just went through, but them again there are drivers that could care less! "It happened to me let it happen to you!"

These are the people I would rather see on the street corner holding a sign that says 'I'm a moron please help"

We go through this crapola because we just "do it!"
    Yeah back a few years doing the Outlaw truck deal was how to make a good paycheck. These days with all these new regulations, reporting to this CSA deal, new fine structures which I just saw and scared the begeezes out of me to being in a tug of war with safety and dispatch, things just don't lean towards these "impossible mission" loads any more.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  9. IowaBigTruck

IowaBigTruck Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2011
    The Horror Stories of K&B and their main recruiter "Sean" are what legends are made of.
    These people are known for bringing drivers in from across the country via a cursory background check and then after they get to S. Sioux City Ne and the complete background check is completed, unqualified drivers, drivers that never should have been hired are left to their own device to make it back home with a "fired during orientation" mark on their record with usis/dac.
    K&B has had a bad reputation for years, but desperate drivers will go to desperate means to find employment.
    Unfortunately, this is the face of trucking industry today.
    There are other large Iowa and Kansas based refrigerated haulers that walk lock step together with K&B and their questionable ethical practices.
    Companies expect drivers to be honest, forthright, and above-board.
    TOO BAD THEY CAN'T PRACTICE THESE SAME BASIC PRINCIPALS.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sean kept sending me emails wanting me to come work for them. I emphatically stated to him I have desire to come & that I wasn't interested in working for a bunch of convicts. He kept sending emails anyway, so in turn I replied by email that I constitute that harassment & that the next email I get I'm forwarding all emails to my atty. Well they have not bothered me since.

11. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i would have told them the same thing, that company dosen't give a crap about drivers well screw them back. put me out of service at the scale, fine i catchin me a ride out of there. that's why i don't carry more than a backpack worth of stuff anyway. i travel light, gone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.