Keeping the truck secure

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by noCDLyet, Apr 9, 2008.

1. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Thieves and Repo Co.'s already " k n o w t h i s " ......:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    I own a towing company that does Repo's, we dont deal with big trucks, but if called upon I could.

We do a lot of cars though. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some smart people can be, and how hard they will work at trying to make it so you cant get thier car, many times they work harder at it than they would have to work at it to actually make the payments.

4. jtprorter

jtprorter Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Do you know of anyone actually being charged for that? I guess it makes sense because it's crossing state borders...

5. Eagle66

Eagle66 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2010
    How about those window gaurds for the cab?

6. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    You are getting into a waste of time and effort.

Lock your truck, dont leave it stupid places, be on alert, keep your insurance paid. Be ready to defend yourself if you must.

The best guard against a thief there is, is parking your truck in a well lit area.

Also a car alarm with a pager is a #### good idea too. It will not only tell you if some one breaks in, it will tell you if some one hits your truck.

7. Eagle66

Eagle66 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I've only seen 1 truck ever with window gaurds on just the drivers + passenger side windows and that was late at night so I'm ASSuming the guy was using them to feel more secure sleeping in the industrial park he was in at the time. I'm also assuming it was some kind of removable window gaurds and when I seen it thought it was a good idea.

Also like the pager idea as I have one in my car right now.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    The only folks I have seen that use these, have animals in the tractor and use them for ventilation but still keep their pets from jumping out.

9. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    :biggrin_2556: Hi, i um when i was pulling reffer , i would do the night route and stay outa the sun during the day, so too answer quistion, yes a reffer can be shut off during the night with no worrys, its like your ice box in house, as long as you dont opean the doors your fine, far as theif and stuff, park in a well let area and keep the lot lizards out, they are the eyes too the crimmal world as they scout your truck, myself i always carred my shotgun with me, wait your saying how can he do that and be legal, easy, my brother is a welder by trade so he welded two 3/4 pipes to togther by 2 feet long , painted black, hence my shotgun,the way it would work , was if they were too told too leave my truck window ,lot lizard or i get my gun, most would not,so i was parked on the end by the woods, so i grab my gun , rolled down the right window let a m-80 threw out the right window as i was placing my pipe on the left, i was laughing so hard she fell down and thought she got shot, she got up and went got her pimp and 4 muscel guys just my luck the police came around the corner and they all ran off, and yes this was at the TA in Gary, ind, a very bad truckstop i found out,the hard way one night.:biggrin_25516: Everett.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.