Keeptruckn camera worth it?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Xray4, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Xray4

Xray4 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2020
    I'm getting my first ELD this week and I like the keep truckn set up. It's thirty-five bucks a month or if you want to add the camera, 65 bucks a month is what they're quoting me. It is pretty cool and slick that it integrates with your ELD and even on the screen footnotes like hard braking and that sort of thing. I'm just kind of wondering if it's worth the extra $400 a year. I can get a camera that mounts in my window for maybe a hundred fifty bucks or something and I own it...

You guys have any opinions?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, I'll tell ya', son( or gal?)in my best Papa Joe voice, lawyers today START at a million, and go from there, so yes, I wouldn't truck a mile without a forward facing camera. It's your only defense agin "The Strong Arm" of Colorado. Make that $400 bucks a year, a little over a buck a day, seem pretty cheap.

4. Xray4

Xray4 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2020
    I appreciate that. I'm certainly going to run a camera. The question is rather is it worth spending 400/year one one that link to your ELD when you can just buy a camera for $200 and be done with it. the only difference is it is not hooked up to your ELD. Which may actually be kind of nice.. either way you still have a forward facing camera logging every minute of everything

201 Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, now that you mention it, I'd go with the separate camera, just for your personal peace of mind. Get that wired into the ELD, who knows who will see that.

Timin770 and Xray4 Thank this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have my own camera and use KeepTruckin ELD. They tried to sell me on it but I can’t see the value in it myself. If SD card is full I just reformat it.

rifleman308, Timin770 and Xray4 Thank this.
  7. Xray4

Xray4 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2020
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the update

201 Thanks this.
  8. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Yep, I found one on amazon dot com for little over $50,,,works good, integrates with my phone via wi-fi.....the sd card went corrupt one time, I replaced it with one from walmart and continued on.....been running for over a year now, works great...!! "Don't leave home without it..!!"

Xray4 and Siinman Thank this.
  9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Get a camera that covers 3 or 4 sides - and is motion activated while parked. if you own a trailer, get one for the interior, for loading, unloading injury claims and cargo damage claims. The annual cost is cheaper than your deductible.

Roberts450, Xray4 and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  10. Xray4

Xray4 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2020
    Thank you all. I'll look into cameras for both the truck and flatbed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.