Kentucky says NO EATING AND DRIVING

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by EZX1100, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Oh Sugar Snaps!! What in the Sam Hill is going on. I can't Eat While driving, I can't drink while driving. I can't Chew while driving, I can't even go with the girls who do while driving. You can take my guns. You can take my phones, but don't MESS WITH MY FRIES!! IT'S ON!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems some people just have nothing better to do than mess with others .....

TwinStickPeterbilt and AfterShock Thank this.
  4. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but THIS is not distracted driving?

Mev, NavigatorWife, 77smartin and 2 others Thank this.
  5. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Well, ...... color me blind, --- ' cause with over a million mile markers in my back pocket I don't recall seein' drivers doin' that "all the time". :biggrin_25512:

Wait a minute.
    Operation "R.A.I.D."?
    Shouldn't that be Operation R.A.I.& D.D.f K.R.
    ?
    Cha-CHING $, --- next, --- Cha-CHING $, --- next, --- Cha-CHING $.

Probably throw-up a road block to bust those followin' the Money Trail.

Sounds like Trooper Barney Biven is on a mi$$ion. To justify the cost of a "major force", ol' Trooper Barney must be plannin' on bustin' a bunch of unsuspectin' celebrants enjoyin' Saint Paddy's Day.

Hmmmm ----
    So Trooper Barney thinks those eatin' while drivin' are "aggressive" drivers?
    I wonder what the qualifications are to become a Kentucky State Cop?
    Must be able to fog a mirror when held under their nose?
    Do they let guys like that carry a real gun? :biggrin_2551:
    HE sounds "aggressive".

No doubt about it folks, ..... it's them against us.
    Problem is, there ain't no problem. So Trooper Barney has to invent a problem to solve.
    Trooper Biven :icon_jokercolor:--- local town clown. :jerk: :salute:
    :laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw: :laughing-guffaw:

Joetro and buzzarddriver Thank this.
  6. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Yer killin' me here Dinomite.

ThanX!
    :salute:
    :laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw:

Dinomite Thanks this.
  7. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i wonder do these people realize that all of us need some distractions while driving, or else you get road hypnosis

this is one of the reasons why curves are put into interstates

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Mev, NavigatorWife and Dinomite Thank this.
  8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This not new stuff, they have always been able to pull over a driver for being distracted. Anything you do that interferes with operating your vehicle, car or truck has always been illegal.

I don't get this , oh there picking on me. This is crap, get over it. Whenever drivers get caught breaking the law they cry. I'll admit I've been lucky over the years, in regard to this. I do not think eating or taking a drink cause a unsafe situation,nor does a phone call. But sometimes it does and drivers should know when it is safe and when it is not. But they keep proving they don't does not matter if it's a trucker, socker-mom, or cup. If it cause problems they should be smart enough to restrain them selves, the proof is there not.

But you can not regulate everything. Nor do I believe we need anymore laws. This stuff is already covered under current law anyway.

9. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    they are always passing something, I do believe eating and drinking is a distraction for some but if your eating something that effects your driving then you shouldnt be. When I stop for some food or make something then I try to keep it simple to eat and hold and if traffic is really bad like through LA then I wait to eat.

I can see how those super trucker gulps can block your vision taking a drink and stuff, I think its crazy people drink that much cola and stuff anyway. I use a normal 20 oz coffee cup and just fill it up from my thermos once in awhile.

They are trying to pass these laws in other states too including CA

10. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    What's next you can't BLINK while driving. I can see a poster now.

"Yeah I was passing a guy. He was all over the road. I seen him blinking. So I called his safety director, and recorded his blinking on my dash cam and put it on their face book page. I also alerted authorities"

Kenny Chesney wrote a song about. DON'T BLINK!! Like to hear it hear it go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpKBMywiEjw

11. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I keep Gatorade or ice water in one of those jumbo you don't need a cup that big super big cup insulated cup. Instead of sipping from a 20 ouncer. Never have to get distracted refilling my little cup. Have a long straw so when I take a sip nothing obstructs my view, seems a hell of a lot easier then having to pour from a thermos when I am driving. When I'm really feeling like a rebel sometimes I will chew gum or even eat a piece of beef jerky.

Adam

NavigatorWife and Joetro Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.