Kenworth AG 380 vs. AG 400

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Oram, Sep 24, 2012.

1. chuckh008

chuckh008 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2020
    Hello RHay,

I realize this is a very old post. I just purchase a dump truck with flex air suspension. The seller said he builds flex air dumps all the time. I haven't driven the truck very much and I haven't driven it loaded yet. However, I park the truck in an area that has some loose gravel and is uneven in places. Occasionally, the drive axle looses traction in areas where I would have never anticipated any problem. It is my observation that the axles do not travel very well with the road surface. My research on this problem lead me to your post. I was thinking the same thing.

The truck is bought and that can't be changed. All I can do is try to improve the situation. Can you give me more details about the replacement shocks you used to fix the same problem? What shock did you use? How much longer?

I'm sure the OEM shocks on the truck are worn out.

OEM Specifications
    Compressed: 18.36"
    Extended: 30.5"
    Travel 12.14"

I'm looking at a new FOX shock (FOX901-100-001) built for the flex air suspension. It is very expensive and I was hoping to get some advice. The shock listed is a direct replacement. I am unable to find travel specification.

Do you think a modern high tech shock like this one could solve the traction problem? Do you think a longer version of this shock could do the trick?

I hope this find you well. I welcome any advice. I don't want to to be the guy that always gets stuck on the job. I'm stressing over this.

Thanks in advance
    Chuck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jaybx

Jaybx Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Hi bud,,im not sure about the shock but I have the same suspension..i added a dump switch,,I cut the height adjust bar and played with that a little..i use gabrielle shocks..still not perfect i get rumbling at 55 and still clumsy on highway construction..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.