Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Who refuses to warranty a failed turbo clamp on a 2-week old, $200,000 truck?!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Edgar2191

Edgar2191 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
  4. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    BM's pic very much resembles a defendant sitting in a courthouse. Very fitting.

He's very lucky the owners Jeff & Kathy hold a moral high ground, exactly opposite of BM, and chose not to file a lawsuit.
    I'd be willing to bet "the house" that if the situation were reversed, BM would be frothing at the mouth, with his attorneys, filing suit without any hesitation.

ipogsd, popcorn169 and Streamer Thank this.
  5. sshewins

sshewins Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Not that I'm defending, but there HAS to be a reason for the clamp thing. You sell a part or perform work, it has to be guaranteed somehow. I don't know. This doesn't make sense. Then again, if you won't make a huge engine build right, what's a clamp...

6. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I took some of the ideas when I did my glider. I put on a bully dog ported ceramic coated manifold, a larger non waste gated borg warner turbo, and a blanket on that. And I did put a PP balancer on the crank. I put Walker megaflow mufflers on the stacks up the back of the sleeper. Running wide based rubber on the drives with zero offset alcoa wheels with intermediate length drive axles. Balancing beads in the tires. And finished things up with an Eaton 18 speed driving 2.64 ratio rears. All in all, a very good setup for me. total cost of $112K ready to go. Not some 11 mpg kind of truck, but it has averaged almost 8 mpg over it's entire 398,000 miles. Some light loads, some heavy loads. Lots of bulk product, coils, etc up 46K in the box. Still has original Michelin wide based rubber on drives. Checked tread depth at 380,000 miles and still had around 12/32nd left with nice even wear. No, they are not the most efficient rolling resistance wide base drive tires available. They are Michelin XDN2 Xones. I have to go on a lot of muddy, hilly gravel roads, several miles a week, and such frequently enough that i need additional traction not to mention staying in snow country all winter long. I even have full lockers in both drive axles, and yes, I have to use them once in a while. So, while Energy D low rolling resistance tires are nice and would be great if I only stayed on the normal steering wheel holder roads, they are not my preferred choice for everything I make my truck do.

Some of what KR and BM have put out there is not all goofy. Some makes sense. But they have taken things to extremes. I am not going to microblue everything in the truck, run Evans coolant, and a lot of the other stuff they come up with. I don't even want side skirts on my truck for various reasons. MPG is important, for sure, and one should do things that improve that. But developing a severe case of OCD over chasing every single 1/10th mpg improvement is not my style.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  7. Nwroten

Nwroten Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2015
    In the last issue of "Movin' Out", the Glider and engine are still pictured in the PP ad that runs under Bruce's article. I find that kind of odd considering the circumstances.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  8. sshewins

Aug 21, 2011
    I was thinking about that exact same thing.

9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    That shamelss huckster will be claiming credit for their good fuel mileage after the storm dies down a bit. :biggrin_2556:

dannythetrucker and truckon Thank this.
  10. sshewins

Aug 21, 2011
    I could be wrong here, but the pictures *could* not be his fault at all. It may be the responsibility of the magazine.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  11. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!

Oh, there's no much doubt about that, magazines have some lengthy lead times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted