Kewworth T800 Slant Floor

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dragon88, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Dragon88

Dragon88 Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Ive basically driven a Peterbilt for the last 12 years. Switched over to a 2018 KW T800. Its a great a truck but can anyone tell me Kenworths logic behind the slanted floor? By the end of the day my leg, knee, and foot are sore from being at a weird angle all day. Im calling it "Kenworth Leg Syndrome." Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WHY NOT

WHY NOT Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Are you somewhat talking about how high up the go pedal is mounted on the truck so you pretty much have to hold your foot off the floor the whole time? I drove a buddies T8 for a day and felt the same thing, he said the fix he has come up with is to lower the seat to make your legs at a different angle so it tips the front of your foot up naturally and he has no more problems. I think he pretty much sits on the floor since he is tall enough to do so. I couldn't lower the seat as far as he sits and see over the dash anymore.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL
    T600,t800 and i believe some w900 the floor just past the pedals has a slant to it. Petes are flat,thats what I think is talking about, I never liked it either. The 660 I drive now is flat.

5. Dragon88

Nov 4, 2014
    Heres a pic of the slant floor. I drive a manual though. Pic is from the internet.

Attached Files:

6. Dragon88

Nov 4, 2014

Yes I basically have to hold my foot up to bring it level with the pedal. Ive been trying a few different things like a block of wood or my shoe. Seems to help but still not as comfortable as a Pete

7. BC Trucker

BC Trucker Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I cant stand those darn T800 throttle pedal. Block of wood helps or wearing shoes that are light. Driving a T800 dump truck for a month gave me really bad cramps in my legs had to switch back to the old 98 i was driving with the flat pedal. I wonder what kenworth was thinking when they designed this pedal but they sure has hell didnt have vocational drivers in mind who wear steel toes for construction sites etc.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't do slant or curved floors, not about to start now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.