Keys to safety

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dave_in_AZ, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good reading material I guess, Put one on the inside door of the stall

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Bakerman

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is the safety tip below for entering and exiting the restroom?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Bakerman

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
  6. 345_Magnum

345_Magnum Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Area 51
  7. Bakerman

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    345_Magnum Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a container load somewhere in a Kmart or similar distribution near Philly. The way I was abused by the foreman in charge of that place created a situation that allowed a container to be dumped off my 5th wheel and over the hill embankment. It's probably still there and no one actually gave a ####. It's a 40 foot drop at a 50 degree angle. THUMP!!!![Echoing...]

If I wanted a camera for that one it would have been that day. What a horrible day.

345_Magnum Thanks this.
  9. 345_Magnum

345_Magnum Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Area 51
    40 years ago before there were appointment times, I was delivering cheese to A&M Lewis in San Diego. I just backed in and they said to come back tomorrow because I didn't have an appointment. I showed the B.O.L. to the receiver point out there was no appointment and he grinned at me saying "It's a new policy starting yesterday so tough crap, come back tomorrow."

I smiled, walked out, pulled up 10 feet and started throwing their cases of precious cheese on the ground. Next these clowns in suits ran out of there office screaming, "What in the heck are you doing?" After explaining the situation and pointed out this shipment was "Prepaid" and I was going to get my money regardless, they told me back up and I would be unloaded.

After it was all unloaded, you already know what they told me. "We never want to see you here again!!!!" :toothy7:

Woodys, Dave_in_AZ, stwik and 2 others Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had stacks of steaks, center cut on chep pallets. (Don't ask... I'll explain some other day)

Got to a really small cold storage.

To over simplify they growled at me. As a cat growls at a coon scratching on our screen door.

Opened one door. Put the manual pallet jack onto the first chep managed to dump the whole thing out onto the hot boiling pavement. (about 90 degrees outside, pavement must have been 140... Trailer was at -20) Jack and all fell onto the pavement with a sound of the Liberty Bell. CLANG!!! Dinner time.

I had 50 people sorting steaks in a few moments.

If you think the growling was bad, the yelling got started.

840 dollars they took out of my pay, plus 200 in fuel to get to a wholesaler in Federal Hill of Baltimore to dump the rest into the salvage market.

The 840 was so worth the sight of pallet number two splintering as it hit the ground splashing steak all over the howling receiver. What I should have done is tossed a few into the side box for later.

He got really angry. His English fell apart into spittle and gobbling gibberish. Homicide was a real possibility.

Dave_in_AZ and 345_Magnum Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.