Kicked Out By IdleAire???

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pur48Ted, May 12, 2007.

1. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I dont understand the hate. I guess no matter what someone does, it will be hated by someone. I just have too look at all the no idle states poping up, and all the anti trucking stuff out there. Balance it against a biz venture that revolves around making truckers more comfertable! ###### if you do, ###### if you dont I guess.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Thing is: IdleAir got a LOT of their start-up money from Federal Highway Dollars and other taxes you, I and everyone else pays (they ALSO got a good portion from investors....just to be intellectually honest). But to bite the hand that (potentially) feeds it is just bad business.

4. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I was talking to a driver this morning in Sparks, NV that told me about a particular IA employee in Barstow, CA. He said this "woman" (who he describes as dark-haired) is married to a Sheriff's Deputy. He says that she goes around the parking lot at night, writing down the Company names, truck numbers and license plate numbers of trucks that IDLE. This is NOT exclusive of trucks parked at IdleAir spots, but ALL trucks in the truck stop. According to the driver; when she gets a "few", she calls the Sheriff's Office and soon Deputies swoop down, wake drivers up and tickets them.

I assume this is happening at the TA in Barstow. I don't know if this is true, after-all I DID hear it from a truck driver, but IF IT IS, this is a horrible way to treat truck drivers. Don't you think?

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    you probably drive like i do. start early park early! not many parking problems then. but if time dictates you drive till 6-8 PM then the ball is in the other court.

6. panhandlepat

Jan 12, 2007
    you should check out how much CFC is released during the making of "styrofoam" there are so many industrial processes out there that produce these "global warming gasses" in quantities far greater than deisel engines it isn't even funny!!

7. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I don't always have that ability to do that. Many times when I leave a shipper/receiver (I pick-up most of the time at the same place I deliver) it is late afternoon and sometimes I don't get my 11hrs in until 1am or later.

8. panhandlepat

Jan 12, 2007
    i know thats right. occasionally i have to park late. IT AIN"T THAT EASY!!

9. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I can't imagine that ANY OTR driver has the ability to always operate early. Does not change my statement. They tend to be in the larger truck stops. And I have came in at all hours of the night and always found a spot. Maybe not close to the door. Its not a never. I am just saying it was rare when idle air spots were the ONLY option left. More times then not, they fill first! With idle air users and non idle air users. I bet if the idle air was built in the back 40's all the time it would not be even a topic. Since most sites build them close to the doors, its an issue.

10. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I guess you haven't been to the TA in Columbia NJ or in Mt Vernon IL lately. Both of them are relatively small, with 1/2 or MORE of their spaces taken by IdleAir, and generally NO parking spaces left after 6pm. Parking is even worse during the late evening or early AM hours. And I have never tried to get a spot "close to the door", but almost always go directly to the back of the truck stop. When the "IdleAir" spaces are "paid" spaces, the NON Idleair spots are a prime commodity and are almost always fill up first.

11. kennzz05

kennzz05 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2008
    middleburg fl
    correct me if im wrong but dosent cali have an anti idle law not saying its right for the sheriff's hag to do that but it is the law

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.