Kllm getting strict

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by duddie, Oct 9, 2008.

1. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Is kllm getting strict on newhires

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. akira13126

akira13126 Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2008
    I know alot of my friends from class couldn't get in either because of their MVR or background. Other then that I didn't have a problem getting in just because both of those are clean.

Chris

4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

The last four people that I have heard about haven't been hired because of their location. I keep hearing that they have more drivers than trucks. If that's the case, why is the recruiter still on the payroll?

5. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Hey marie how you doing. Im going to kllm hopefully in a about a week or two. You said theyre are more trucks than drivers. Can you elaborate more please!

6. leannamarie

I am just repeating what I have heard both on here and from my husband's dispatcher. His dispatcher has said that multiple times. When his last truck died and he had to get into a new one, it was kinda a rush to get him into one, because he had three other drivers that also needed a truck so if he hesitated, he would have been SOL. And the last four or five drivers that we know of haven't been hired because of their locations, plus one other guy not hired for reasons unknown. I have heard that turnover with the company is down, which makes sense since turnover within the industry as a whole is down.

7. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Oh okay yeah i just hope i dont get turned away because of a truck shortage. That ll be disappointing

8. leannamarie

Have you been given a pre-hire yet? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

9. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Well im not a prejire just yet im gotta wait to till next week the 16th for an accident to fall off. Then i should be good. But i asked the recruiter and she said there wasnt a truck shortage so hey we will see i guess. I know this is a good comapny and i wouldnt want to work anywhere else

10. Simpleman601

Simpleman601 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Hattiesburg, MS

This is true we are in the process of trading in all of the "trade" trucks (trucks at 500,000 miles) and have started receiving the new 2009 cascadia's (junk) Freightliner may have solved the problem with the cabs leaking but still to early to tell the '09 trucks will come with the DD15 engines since Detroit Diesel has stopped production on the series 60... No im not a driver just one of KLLm's mechanics

11. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    But back to the original question about becoming more strict, I would probably think so. there are so many drivers looking for a job right now that the companies can really take what they consider to be the best for them. I wish you guys good luck at kllm, i've heard good and I've heard bad but that's how it is with every company out there. if it works out for you that's all that matters and you new guys BE SAFE out there ya hear!!

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.