KLLM Looking for Specs on their trucks

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by akira13126, Sep 18, 2008.

1. akira13126

akira13126 Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2008
    I notice there web site hasn't been updated for some while and was wondering what type of Freightliners they are running. I see on their main page there is a picture of a Cascadia, but I also know that is a reather new truck. When I spoke to them they said most of there trucks are no older then 3 yrs and that most of the fleet had APU's. Is this true? Also what do they allow to be installed on the trucks? (linears, fridges, microwaves, aftermarket cd players, and other things like that) Thanks in advance

Chris

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Yes, we do have Cascadia. We also have Columbia, Century Class, International 9400i (100 of these), and Volvo 670 (10 of these). The Columbia and the 9400i have the APU but not all of them. None of the other models have an APU but the Cascadia will when the APU's arrive. The Company is in the process of getting 450 of the Cascadia with 80 already here and the 2nd shipment of 100 more arriving as of earlier this week.

As long as the Inverter will plug into power outlet, no problem. If one needs to be "hard wired" to the battery, not allowed. If you get caught with one "hard wired" to battery and not cleared by Shop, automatic termination. Now with that said, some Trucks (Columbia and Cascadia) do have a 2000watt Inverter already wired to battery from the Factory. Those are ok'ed from Shop. Aftermarket radio and CD units have to be ok'ed from Shop also.

Fridges (and Coolers) with 12vdc plugs; yes, 110vac; only by inverter as mentioned above. Any other items; if it can be powered by Factory and cigarette plug Inverter or with the APU, shouldn't be a problem.

One thing about the APU; it will only work when the Truck is parked and ignition is turned off. It will not work while Truck is running and/or moving.

No problem with Linears, they are allowed for those who want to have one.

4. dbcad7

dbcad7 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Will those Cascadia's be automatic transmissions ??

5. easy duz it

easy duz it Light Load Member

May 30, 2008
    syracuse
    all the cascadia's i have seen are 10 speed manual.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.