KLLM OTR VS FFE LTL ????

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Kwan23, May 17, 2017.

1. Kwan23

Kwan23 Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    What is the pros and cons.?????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    a) OTR .... you need a house, and with KLLM you can lease one.
    b) LTL .... you have a house and with FFE you can pay it off~! (or ANY LtL for that matter.)

NordicNomadic and Kwan23 Thank this.
  4. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    I don't understand what you mean??

Texastruck'r Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    a) If you go to KLLM chances are, it's a lease. You'll be living in that truck, and putting most of your money into it. Not your "actual" house / home... the truck will BECOME your home.

b) I know FFE is a division of KLLM, but I didn't know they did LTL... if that is the case, LTL drivers make REALLY good money, especially running COMPANY, not lease. You could actually make some bank, to BUY a house. On a street, with a lawn, not one on 18 wheels. :)

Personally, I wouldn't go the KLLM route. Have you looked into any OTHER training companies?

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  6. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Ok I understand and yes I have I went to prime and got sent home due to a suspended licence 2 years ago

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Well, #####. I believe that. Prime's pretty strict, as is WilTrans and JimPalmer. Sorry, that sucks. Have you tried any other of the training companies? I know, people "hate" on Swift, but they ARE more lenient with license situations and stuff. Personally, if I were young and just starting out, I'd have no problem going to them for starters and training.
    There's also Stevens Transport that trains, I believe....but they may be a bit strict, as well.
    A couple other companies that come to mind are West Side Transport, and H.O. Wolding. Know a couple people that work for those 2 places.

Wish you the BEST of luck man. My advice is so TOTALLY... don't go lease, being new and all. There's just TOO much to learn about trucking itself, let alone trying to maximize your miles to make the truck payment. You need to worry more about your HOS and not hitting anything nor being hit, for at LEAST the first year.

Just my honest advice. Best of luck, tho.

NordicNomadic and Kwan23 Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    LTL division does multiple stop loads. You get paid extra money for each stop. I've done some LTL and the paychecks are nice.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Kwan23 Thanks this.
  9. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Any FFE LTL any one work there??

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Any advise on saving fuel?? And fuel cards?? For lease driving what's the best way to save and maximised your money?????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.