Kllm worst company in the Usa

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Thetruth2883, Apr 21, 2017.

1. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    Yep and they seem to never learn

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    It's one thing to do a l/p. It's another thing entirely to sign on a lease with a company that pays a pathetic mileage rate. What is TransAm, 85cpm plus FSC? Ridiculous. Running a truck for a $1/mile? Lol. Right off the bat you're paying approximately 40cpm for fuel. Right there you're almost down to company driver pay even before your truck payment, let alone maintenance costs.

The lowest amount you should ever run a truck for is $1.50/mile and that's not even that great either, although you can make good money at that rate if you run hard enough

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  4. username6988

username6988 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Chicago
    No one mentioned transam. I work here at kllm and I rarely make under $1.50 a mile. I religiously run and make 1.90

5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I just brought that up as an example since lease purchasing as a whole was being questioned.

If you're at $1.90 and they don't leave you sitting all the time then you're doing pretty good.

6. username6988

username6988 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Chicago
    I run about 2 loads a day and still have time to come home and sleep in my own bed, in my own house, most nights.
    ah gotcha. Yeah man I run about 10 loads a week. Never refuse them and I'm never late. And I'm not running the goofy ### .92 cent a mile OTR bull crap. I usually get to sleep in my nice comfy bed at home 5 nights a week. It's all about what you make it. I'm too young for most companies too I gotta get my feet wet somehow.

7. boxerpupsrcool

boxerpupsrcool Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2014
    l/p is a gamble. When your truck is running good, you're winning, but when it breaks down, you're losing and you could lose bad. The guys who suceed at this thing are the ones who run hard, proactive, and put plenty of money back for maintenance issues. If you start a l/p with no money saved, it's going to go bad for you. Right off the bat, need a tow? That's a min of 450 at least. Blow a tire? That's another 400, could be more depending on where you have the blowout and if there was any other damage from the blowout. Any type of emissons issues could cost you several thousand dollars easy, and with the type of trucks out today, it's something you will have to deal with eventually. Let's say compressor seizes up and breaks the belt, well right off the bat you have that tow bill and then probably another grand to get it fixed quickly at a ta/petro. That's just one example of many that can happen out of the blue and leave you on the side of an interstate.

Basically, with all this said, be prepared and don't rush into it. Do your homework. You will have much, much better odds at completing your lease. Oh, if you do decide to go with an emissions truck, make sure you use a fuel additive that is safe to use at every fill up. Trust me, it will save so many headaches and so much money down the road.

Good luck out there!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    what do you expect running a reefer for .92cpm?Is it the companies fault or the driver that decided to do it?Anybody with half a clue would know your not making money at that rate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.