Knight on the East Coast

Discussion in 'Knight' started by mdtrucker78, May 23, 2010.

1. mdtrucker78

mdtrucker78 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Laplata MD
    I am a driver thinking about going to run for Knight. I have kinda read a hodge podge of opinions on this company. Some drivers (usually out west)
    have had very good things to say about them. I being from the east coast am wondering if there are any drivers on here from the east who could chronicle their experience with them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    You'll find more enjoyment from being beaten repeatedly with dead baby seals.

I'm a west coast driver who used to love running cross country. I had to stop doing that because east coast with knight was just a nightmare. I took a load back to georgia at the end of February and not only have things not gotten better back there, they are worse.

4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    man, i once inquired about going out east for a little while. my dispatcher gave me a quick, "no!" then he told me what the deal is out there. i'm glad i took his advice.

5. RAILSPLITTER

RAILSPLITTER Medium Load Member

May 2, 2009
    Coronado, CA
    ####, I don't know why you hands are dissin' the East Coast runs... those are f_____ moneymakers. Yeah, you can make decent money running from CA to the Midwest and back, but that East Coast mileage pays off, even if ya hafta deal with all that East Coast traffic (on I-95 north of Richmond, VA, I mean). F___ it, I'm gonna start draggin' truckloads of dope and illegal aliens into NYC... "PAY--DAY!!!!! CHA-CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

6. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    not at knight. i did, however, have some real swell paychecks while i worked for swift running the east coast and canada.

7. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    East coast blows with this company. I had to double check and ask another driver if I could request a PO number for hauling a 120 mile load. (Local pay). Of course, I received a laugh followed by a resounding "I don't think so! Good luck with that!"

So, if you're based out west, stay out west. Or better yet, work for a more realistic carrier that has better markets across the U.S. What a load of garbage!

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    There are no long runs out east with Knight. Nothing but 4 hour live loads for a 100 mile loads and yep you guessed it, it's a drop and now you have no empty.

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    They must be in denial. They still aren't paid for all miles driven, have to beg for accessory pay which is a joke in itself, have no empty trailers and are paid zilch to drive around looking for one, and are generally holding themselves back in regards to earnings. All this while working for a company that firmly believes that truck drivers are sub-human and deserve dishonesty.

Run don't walk from this tragic example of everything a trucking company should not be.

10. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Past 7 days: Joliet IL to Bloomington MN to Alexandria MN to York PA to Carlisle PA to Erie PA to Meadville PA to Enfield NC to Charlotte NC.

Close to 3000 miles. (Over 3 on the odometer, but of course some OOR miles)

It is true that sometimes you get stuck with some short "crap" loads out east, but not always. And if you have a good (read "get the loads there on time, don't ##### too much") working relationship with your dispatcher, it's quite possible to make money out east.

Once again, some of the biggest "#####ers" about Knight don't even work here anymore. What does that tell you?

11. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I work for Knight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.