knight out of denver

Discussion in 'Knight' started by youngblood24, Jul 24, 2009.

1. youngblood24

youngblood24 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs CO
    does anybody have any info on knight in denver, how do they treat their drivers, what are miles like, what the policy for ideling, how do they work home time?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Some guys I talk to like it out there, some don't. Don't know about the mileage, but we are all hurting right now, and idling and fuel stops I was told Denver was really anal about it.

4. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    lets go point by point.

1)the denver yard sucks, there is a reason why the trees at the back fence line are all scared up, it's nearly impossible to get a truck stopped going down the slope to the parking area in the winter time. Combine a steep grade with mud, snow, and ice and you get the idea.

2)how do they treat there drivers, I haven't heard many complaints from denver drivers about their DM(that's a good sign)

3)Miles, company average seems to be around 8 to 9k a month, only way to get better is to get a dedicated, avoid the NW, it's the new Texas. I've been setting since Friday in Tacoma(it's Monday now).

4)idling, if you are under 10% your truck will go 64/66(cc/floor), between 10 and 20% gets you 62/64, over 20% gets you 60/62.

5)home time has become very subjective at knight, it used to be based on you getting in a minimum number of miles per week and month. Those goals have become unrealistic in this freight environment so it's largely up to your DM how much time you can have off.

HTH

Baack Thanks this.
  5. bigmike8777

bigmike8777 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Benton

6. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    A good friend of mind is on the reefer side and his miles do seem to be better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.