Knight transport ( bad bad )

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mario94, Sep 27, 2011.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I was out of tulare and it was often the case that getting freight back out of the NW was rather slow and they seemed to be taking care of their drivers first.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sepultura

Sepultura Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Im currently a knight driver and my dm tells me that he wants to "push" me so I can do better. He asked me how many kids I had and that he needed me out for at least a couple of weeks at the minimum. After about 4 weeks I finally got 2 days off. I thought regional was supposed to have more hometime than regular 48 otr? Im dispatched out of phoenix arizona by the way.

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Let me guess...They told you weekly hometime and 2500 miles a week? Just wait for some stupid Knight fan boy to get in here and blame you for believing them.

Well your DM acknowledged you have kids and knows what you were more than likely promised...regional. But yet he's got other plans for you. All I can say is keep your CDL clean and give it a few more months before moving onto a real company. If they advertise...they suck. You have to find the real jobs on your own.

5. Sepultura

Sepultura Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When he asked me how many kids I had, it was in a sort of monotone voice and gave me a weird feeling in my stomach, like a knot. Then I just replied with, "yes sir I have kids" he later added that I needed to make some money for my family. This I felt was too intrusive on his part. When I was at werner, they never bothered to ask me those types of personal questions. My dm seems to be pretty cool but I don't understand the style in wich they operate. Sry if this does not make any sense to you all.

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Unfortunately it makes a lot of sense. They are encouraged to give you the false feeling that they "care." They don't. They will kiss your fanny and then plant the knife right above it.

Try to hang on long enough to get some good experience there so it doesn't look like you are job hopping, then move on in a year or so.

7. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Welcome to knight. That's about standard. Oh and forget about getting home on specific dates such as birthdays.

8. Sepultura

Sepultura Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I need my job therefore Im doing my best. Just got loaded to texas on a tire delivery. Not sure what to expect but they are paying me $100 to unload a trailer full of tires...not too bad, but the miles are only 250. There are 5 stops on this run around the san antonio area. 250 miles x .36cpm + 100 = $190. My manifest says 996 new car tires to deliver at all 5 stops before 5pm mdt tomorrow. I guess I better hustle.

9. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    you forgot the $15 per stop, excluding first and last so it'll be another $45 added on after taxes

Sepultura Thanks this.
  10. Sepultura

Sepultura Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Im a regional driver. Is texas a part of the western 11, and if the terminals compete, will I be able to get a load out of texas? Ive been out for two weeks and they are sending me to texas. Just a thought.

11. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    donno, my terminal doesn't do regional
    can't help ya there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.