Knight transport ( bad bad )

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mario94, Sep 27, 2011.

1. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    They don't work for night? do they work for day instead?

what he is doing, it is just one guy they have doing dispatch?

Are you telling the electronic log that he is done?

Truck stops are only 5 minutes? wow

They sleep in beds, same place you sleep, whether its day or night.

When I sleep I normally just lay down and close my eyes.:biggrin_25518:

Hope this helps!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    No, Texas is not part of the Western 11, and I hope you enjoy Texas, as you might get stuck there for awhile. Tire loads suck.

And a Knight DM saying they want to "push" a driver. LOL. If Knight would stop hauling the complete crap loads, wasting trucks, trailers and drivers on the "break-even" junk loads, and boost up their high paying loads, and knock off the cheap unloading rates for drivers....

Look, you couldn't go to friggin' Lowes or Home Depot and get a Parking Lot Extra Laborer to kick-off a trailer of tires for $100, why should you?

4. Sepultura

Sepultura Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The monotone voice my dm has sounds threatning.lol. Btw, I was not able to do all 5 stops on the tire load. Only got to 3. My back is killing me! And after adding up the $15 per stop pay and throw in the extra $100 for the driver unload. It comes out to $29 per stop and it takes about 3 hours to umload about 250 tires at each stop. Those suckers are heavy! Nevermind, im the sucker. ####.life sux.

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Must be out of shape if it took you that long to unload 250 car tires. There is techniques to unloading tires so that you don't have to bare the wht of each tire which will add up and slow you down. There is the drop kick method which I used on large 4x4 tires and the grab and spin which I used on smaller car tires. The last 3rd of trl is always the gut buster so be glad you did not have to unload the entire trailer load at 1 stop.

Even out of shape with good technique you would be able to mty the trl in 3 to 4 hours at one location. Don't know how to unload them and you will feel it by the end of the day like you did.

6. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN

Oh, ##....dge! Our fuel cards have been shut off, and we are at the side of the road, just like Arrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY, oh WHY, didn't I listen to you?

7. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    And tire loads? Either don't take them, or make sure you can hire a lumper at company cost BEFORE you commit to them.

Myself, I don't touch freight, no matter what. Done that, been there, but that was years ago, and it ain't happening now.

8. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl

happy i have over half a tank. just enough to get me back home

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Last tire load I did (was with Knight in July) they gave me a load on the Phoenix yard to deliver in Phoenix that morning (had to shag a load to get in line to get out) Anyway, got there about 10:30AM and it was already 95 degress. Place had no dock fans. Full load, 100% light truck tires (BTW light truck tires ARE NOT LIGHT!) and MUCH heavier than small passenger car tires, too small for forklift, consignee offered NO assistance, and no lumpers, . Finished at 4:00PM, almost died [literally], and the temp was 108 when I finished, inside the trailer probably north of 120 degrees with no air movement ... all for $100. No more. A company would have to fire me for load refusal before I'll do another tire load in summer.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  10. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    I had to hand unload 42,ooo lbs of insulation one summer day with the help of one other person and i thought I was in shape. I was late and if i wanted to get unloaded that wknd then i had to help, fine with me, good exercise.

11. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Good Luck, Texas was the black hole. Trucks went in but didn't come out. They will probably bounce you around with little loads for a while and then try to send you east. Don't go! it'll be a long time before you see home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.