Knight's Transportation Not living the dream.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ontheedge7, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ontheedge7

ontheedge7 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Temecula
    Don't believe everything they tell you. How they take care of their driver's my husband work for Knights Transportation for three years told they take care of their drivers. They don't my husband left in August 2012 back on the road after being home for a week. He left Nevada's on the15th taking a load to Ohio then to Joliet Illinois. When he arrives at 4:30 in the morning he calls in to dispatch tell them he doesn't feel well he needs to go to the hospital. Dispatch informs him to hang on I am assuming because policy is not to leave yoir truck. Now mind you he is log on still. Two and a half days later they check in on him he die on their property 200 feet from their entrance. He die of Cardiac Arithma. Two and a half days later they tell me the dispatch gave him a 24 hour courtsy call. What does that mean he knew no one in Joliet Illinois. They don't care about their drivers or their families they basically stop taking my calls. All I want to know is why couldn't soneone just come outside. I finally laid my baby to rest on September 23 2012 after weeks of permits to get him home. All I got to say is my baby and I had a routine call me every 24 hours if I don't hear from you I am going to start calling. I got such a run arounf all they had to do was check the last place he called in from. Don't these trucks have GPS? RIGHT DON'T GO WORK FOR THEM. Don't even ask if they ever said sorry!:biggrin_2555:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 38short

38short Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Katy Tx
    What a disgrace, I feel for you . My deepest sympathy.God has a plan for all of us if we acknowlege him. Words cannot describe the people working at that terminal for Knight Transportation.

4. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    24 hour courtesy call?!?!?!?! after they were informed that he needed emergency medical attention? stop calling them...start calling lawyers. they owe you a fortune for wrongful death. they absolutely were negligent. whether you can prove it or not may be another story, but they deserve to be sued. man...if i were a head honcho at knight, 1st thing i wouldve done is fire the night dispatcher that took the call...or ALL THE NIGHT DISPATCHERS on that night if i couldnt establish the guilt of one. then i woulda been on the phone with you, asking what i could do. upper management dropped the ball big time. one couldve argued that they werent the ones to blame, til they did nothing about punishing those responsible. what a bunch of morally bankrupt ######## they are. hope youve called the local media near their home terminal to let them know what a juicy story they have on their hands...make the ###### upper management pay every way you can! so sorry for your loss, and their shabby treatment of you after the fact.

5. formertaxidriver

formertaxidriver Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Aiea, HI
    Ashton v. Knight. 'nuff said....

Sad_Panda Thanks this.
  6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    If your sick enough to need to go to a hospital you call 911 especially after hours- These trucking outfit are so used to people using the I am sick excuse to get out of doing things they just don't seem to believe that drivers can actually get sick on the road.

I don't get sick often but when I do I am down for the count for at least 2 days. I had 1 trucking outfit refuse to dispatch me after I told them my fever had broke and that I could now run a load. So since I was sick for a couple of days they sat me a couple more days as punishment I guess.

7. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Terrible story, and I am very sorry for your loss.

To any other drivers who find themselves in the same situation, I would suggest, as bigblue19 does, that you call 911. Depending on company dispatch to save your life, well, that would be an exercise in futility at any company.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So very sorry for your loss ontheedeg7.That's trucking for you.If you're not driving making them money they could care less about their drivers.There's another thread about swift that left a student to die after getting beat.He was in the hospital for awhile and swift did'nt as much as call the hospital to see how he was.Few yrs ago A lady driver got hit and killed in a pilot lot.All that company cared about was getting her trk back to the terminal to give to another driver.Companies do not care about drivers but had it happened to office personelle,company would be sending them flowers,a card signed by everyone and a collection to help with funeral expense.

9. ontheedge7

Jan 25, 2013
    Temecula
    Hi well it's been difficult for me. I worry about all truckers now. I wonder how many of you go to bed not feeling well? What can I do so that my husband memory stays alive. I went I the road with him month befire he du ed. We went from Nevada to New York it was quite an adventure.

10. ontheedge7

Jan 25, 2013
    Temecula
    Thank you fir your thought.

11. ontheedge7

Jan 25, 2013
    Temecula
    I would like to talk to someone

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.