Know of any gyms in your area with large parking lots nearby? I'll pay you $!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by BBradUMA, Aug 17, 2011.

1. BBradUMA

BBradUMA Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    We have quite a few of those in our database. Do you have any specific ones in mind? :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gasienica

Gasienica Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Everyone I stopped at I never had issue with parking. I'll start writing down locations and what kind of lot it has from now on.

4. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Thanks so much. Hopefully you will find the site useful once it goes live :)

One feature we're ironing out right now is a workout tracker. Essentially when you work out at a gym you click a button on the site. You'll get to see what other OTR drivers were there recently :)

5. Gasienica

Gasienica Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Sure would be useful, be cool to see who's working out.

I made sure LA fitness understood that the only way I'm signing their membership is I am not hassled about parking my truck and trailer in their lots. Sometimes I even sleep their after I work out and take a shower.

6. heartbeats191

heartbeats191 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2011
    raleigh, north carolina
    Hey everyone. I am in the same boat as everyone else. Too much mandated lazy time, too many carbs. I can eat, sleep, or watch TV at the stops. I drive from West Coast to East Coast in my own 53' rig every 10 days. I heard that there was an OTR driver working on a solution and I was interested in more information when it is available. Any suggestions? Thanx

7. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Good day sir :)

Our web developer (www.upgradeya.com) is working non-stop on putting our product together. It is taking a bit longer than we had hoped to launch... mainly because of all the features we want the site to have.

Speaking of which..... I welcome suggestions from all of you. Let me give a quick rundown of what the site does.

- Interactive map of truck accessible gyms

- Map can be isolated to only display certain gym chains

- Each gym has detailed information regarding the parking area/walk time to get to the gym

- No gym is further than a 25 minute walk (not a bad pre-workout warm-up) - most are under 7 minutes

- Each gym chain has a "update information" button - this is so if your route takes you into the boonies where your membership doesn't work but you want to keep your routine - you can request (and we'll get for you ASAP) the pricing/hours information of non-chain gyms

- A detailed list of gym membership options for OTR-drivers allowing you to choose which membership would be best for you (Snap Fitness opening gyms at truck stops is excellent - we just want to make sure they have to compete for your business by offering you the best deal)

- A forum to discuss various membership options/gyms/routes/etc

- As using the internet is not always practical and not everyone is a computer whiz-- a 24-hour toll-free (and free) support line (855-TRK-GYMS) to get help finding a gym along your route (this includes having images sent to your phone/smartphone of the parking area and walking route to get to the gym)

That's what we've got in store for you fine folks :) The goal is to make working out an every day possibility. Through the input of the OTR community we can refine the database to keep accurate information for everyone.

Suggestions/feature suggestions welcome!

8. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Have a sneak peak at all the truck accessible gyms we have in store for you!! ---> http://bit.ly/qZ7Pfv

(We're not even half way done... we're getting tons of submissions!) :biggrin_25514:

9. gt4jk

gt4jk Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2008
    LA Fitness Near 91/Central Exit and also the 60/Allasandro Exit

10. BBradUMA

Mar 30, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Whereabouts exactly?

I have about 100 submissions for California that I am working on entering into the map now....... is it in Cali?

11. gt4jk

gt4jk Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2008
    19531 Mission Village Drive
    Riverside, CA 92507

and
    3437 Arlington Avenue
    Riverside, CA 92506

Just Go on Google maps and search for them, but the first one has a huge parking lot

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.