KW 680 vs Crapcadia

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Midnightrider909, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    We have the option of upgrading from a Crapcadia to a T680. I'm wondering is the Kenworth a lot better than the Freightliner? Is it even worth the time moving belongings from one truck to the other? The Kenworth has an escape hatch in the sleeper and I don't want to die in a fiery death. Other than that is the Kenworth superior?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    I've never driven a Cascadia but I did get to drive a 680 and IMO it was a fine solid truck but to each his own.

Crusader66 and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  4. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I have had both....No question KW nailed it on the T-680 sleeper! Way nicer than the Crapcadia.
    As far as ride I hate to say it but the Cascadia is a little better in my opinion...Strange!

The pull out table,Flat screen TV mount that will hold a 32 inch in the KW was great!
    If I had a choice the KW over the Cascadia any day!

5. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    We all know my opinion but every driver is different!

6. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Agreed, KW is much better then the Freightshaker abortion. The mirrors alone are reason enough to drive the the 680 over the crapcadia.

They are both redesigns that took cues from the Volvo. It appears the Paccar engineers actual drove a truck. The Freightliner folks, made some crappy cosmetic changes to the century class and then just bragged about what great fuel mileage it should get.

7. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

My Crapcadia gets 5.5 mpg.....Cummins engine......Sucks for mileage but pulls decent.
    That T680 I drove for a while was in the mid 6's if I remember correctly.....

Hell,the Cascadia still has the TV cabinet for the old analog TV....WTF?

Crusader66 and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    I have more time in Crapcadia's (I like that BTW) and Columbias but drove a T680 for about 3 months.

The KW is a WAY better truck. Not as nice ergnomically as a Volvo, but so much better than the freightliner it's not funny. More comfortable, better operator's area. Some things take a while to get used to (tapping lights on/off) but they make more sense.

Take the KW

hell take the KW for the fact that every time you hit the windshield washer it doesn't throw crap all over the mirrors alone, much less everything else. (yeah, crapcadia, i'm talking about you).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Lepton1, Bean Jr., Friday and 5 others Thank this.
  9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Freightliner's are horrible end of story!

Bean Jr., EZ Money, Crusader66 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    PACCAR makes a better truck by mistake than CRAPLINER can make on purpose.

Lepton1, Boattlebot, Bean Jr. and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It ain't no Cadillac but it sure is better than a rusty old Ford with holes in the floorboard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.