KW T680 SiriusXM

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Jpat, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Jpat

Jpat Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I just started driving a 2014 Kenworth T680 with Siriusxm built into the factory am/fm radio. I transferred my Sirius subscription to the radio but it's not playing. The screen just says SXM BUSY. Contacted Sirius and they said radio is activated and ready but all I get is that SXM BUSY code. No noise or channel selections or anything. Any ideas on what the issue could be?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Have you tried pulling the radio fuse?
    Sounds stupid, but with digital systems sometimes that's what it takes.

Jpat Thanks this.
  4. Jpat

Jpat Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I'll give that a try. Thank you.

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Have fun getting to the fuses. Unless you have either tiny little hands or a long pair of needlenose pliers it's not happening.

6. flynnent

flynnent Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Multiple problems with that system, it is made by Magellan, KW stopped using it but the new panapacific system is not any better. We often had to have a reprogram and updated software put into the Magellan system. I would start there, it usually fixed it for a short while until the next update comes out and makes this one not work. Dumb system, sorry.

7. flynnent

flynnent Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Another possible on the 2014 is the XM antenna is located inside the cab under the front left corner of your roof. KW is paying to relocate these to an external position, at least they did for all of our trucks. This cured a lot of reception issues with the xm in these trucks.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It could also be the box that plugs into the radio. That's what my problem was. I have a aftermarket Kenwood in my kenworth.

9. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    SXM busy means the radio can't find the signal. Check that the antenna is plugged in to radio. I have found the plug on the antenna's to have very small cheap wires that break.
    Look at the TRAM antenna for big trucks they work much better than the factory junk installed. If it will not plug in TSS radio has adapters for most applications out their.

10. Towchick313

Towchick313 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Did you ever figure out what the problem was I am having the same issue

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.