KY Weight Distance Tax

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    How many of you are annoyed changing your password every quarter? Every time you file your Weight Distance Tax, they ask you to create a new password.

Not even that: they update their website often, and it looks differently each time. So, pages do look unfamiliar when filing. Have to always do it on my laptop...
    Just annoyed...

Siinman and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    I'm not, but I have someone who does mine for me and she told me how aggravating it is.

Beaver9 Thanks this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Yeah...that's annoying, thats why my password is easy to remember there "assWipes4321" - just reverse letters each time they want me to change it....just kidding....
    I just paid them like 5 dollars and 3 dollars of convenience fee.
    It would be so much fun if every state were to do it.

Beaver9 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes . it is the same for alot of state websites to order oversize load permits.. Password expires after 90 days... Arizona does it with their irp portal... I just use a word document and keep track of all the passwords

6. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    You can always use the DOT Alliance (is it how they call themselves?) to do for you.
    The last time I heard, they were ready to run the Clearing house query for me for a mere $199.
    That's a deal...(big sarcasm intended).
    I can't get them stop pastering me.

7. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    Illinois residents are blessed filing IFTA every quarter. That site hasn't changed for quite some time.

IRP in Illinois is quite simple.

It's just KY likes to get creative. They are using fine print now, such tiny letters too. I need glasses to see what I'm doing.

D.Tibbitt and TallJoe Thank this.
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I used to do NY, NM and KY every quarter.
    Now NY wants me to do it annually.
    I only run 800 mile over there last year.
    I don't remember the last time I went to NM but I keep reporting 0 miles every quarter.
    Maybe I should not bother...I don't even have an active permit to go there.
    With Kentucky you gotta be careful.
    Once, I forget about them and they sent me a warning of $500 fine for not filing, even though I had 0 miles to report for that quarter.

Beaver9 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    Have people confused. Then collect fines.

10. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    New York has always been the one that pisses me off. I was glad when they changed it for me to file once a year now.

D.Tibbitt and Beaver9 Thank this.
  11. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    In this age of every other site you visit being hacked now and then, you should already be using a password manager app and have a separate, complex password for each site you have to log into. That way when one gets loose, they won't figure out you used the same login/pw combo at Target as your bank, and clean you out.

When one like KYU expires, I go to it in the app, copy/paste the old pw, then create a new one and copy/paste it in. Takes about 15 seconds, easy and secure. There are several to suit just about any user preference for features. I've used Enpass for the last few years.

It takes a little work to get the most common sites you visit updated and stored. Then it's easy. What's amazing is how many different sites require a login. I'm looking at it now, my pw manager has 374 entries in it. Maybe 2-3 of them actually expire passwords and force me to update now and then.

D.Tibbitt, gentleroger and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.