L&P Transportation (Legget & Platt}

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by troy0950, Apr 1, 2012.

1. dryman

dryman Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    MO
    Yes, I always think it's too good to be true when I hear only good things about a place. I have found that I never really know about what a company is like until I work there for at least 2 months. The guy I ran into at L&P worked out of the headquarters terminal at Carthage, MO and lived near Mt. Vernon, MO. L&P may be different than trucking companies because it is not just a common carrier, although it must have common carrier authority for doing it's back-hauls. It is a private carrier that claims to run 80% of it's trips hauling it's own product. It seems to have most of it's plants on and East of a line from Houston to Dallas to Cathage, MO. It does have at least 1 place in Calif. They do regional and regular OTR out of Carthage but I'm not sure how it works out of the other plants. If you live near a plant, it might be good to go there to see if you can catch 1 of their drivers to get their experience working for them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. placerunner

placerunner Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2020
    Yeah I live in Texas I don’t know how it would work for me since it’s out of Carthage and I’ll have to go there for orientation. I really want to give them a chance, I’m just kind of Leary about it. I want something stable and long lasting this seems like it could be the place, but I’m not to sure. I wish you go on board give it 3 months and report back and then I’ll join lol.

4. dryman

dryman Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    MO
    I'll try to get back w/ info on here when I try them but that will be at least 2 years from now.

5. joe91

joe91 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Why so long?

6. dryman

dryman Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2012
    MO
    From all I can tell it is a good job and company, however, since I want it to be my last driving job, I want to wait so that if it is not all I hope for or it involves many of the same routes that I might get bored with then I will still stay until retirement.

7. joe91

joe91 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Who are you currently with?

8. troy0950

troy0950 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Purdy, MO
    I returned to work 9/22/20. I was on short term disability for 6 months, (which the company provides at no cost), then was on long term disability for the remainder. ( Optional benefit you purchase. I highly recommend. )
    I kept my medical,dental, etc. without paying my premiums for the 1st 6 months. Life insurance continued with no premium the entire time. Once I was released and passed my DOT physical and returned to work everything was reinstated. Kept my seniority. Rate of pay, vacation time. Anniversary date stayed the same.
    I'm sure I will need to make up the unpaid premiums now that I have returned to work, but don't have any details on that just yet.

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  9. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Glad to see you're doing well and back at it!
    Stay well.

troy0950 Thanks this.
  10. troy0950

Sep 26, 2010
    Purdy, MO
    20210316_124021.jpg Hi everyone. Still here. Effective 4/4/21.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. troy0950

Sep 26, 2010
    Purdy, MO
    Hi everyone. Still here. Effective 4/4/21.

Capacity Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.