Lack of Chassis Choice Hurts ELD HOS

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by BradRalston, Nov 4, 2022.

1. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I feel sorry for any driver that has to deal with containers and the sorry worthless never maintained chassis .

I had to pull them a few times in my career and they were always total garbage .
    Crappy bias ply tires , half the brakes were out of adjustment , half the lights didn’t work etc etc etc .

the only ones I pulled that were decently maintained were when I’d pull bananas and the chassi was owned by the banana company , and no one else used it .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    If there is no choice, there will be one pool, and it will be the pool that is cheapest to operate at that ramp, in this case DCCP. The steamship lines will gladly go to a single pool, as long as it's the cheapest pool. Then we continue down the path of the junk chassis. The only reason any rail should be grounded is a lack of equipment, as long as there are chassis available for that container (based on steamship), there should be no grounded equipment. Also, at a grounded rail or port, you're not going to change the amount of wasted time, as the trucker is still going to have to wait in line for a flip, that's the process that needs to be expedited, not the chassis system.

4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    It all depends on the pool and the ramp, some chassis pools are better than others and make a serious effort to maintain the equipment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.