Lakeside Transport - Reno

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BigPerm, Sep 4, 2012.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Must be the owner. One thing for sure...with his attitude toward the drivers I doubt if I'd work for him. Most owners appreciate their help. This guy sounds like he resents his employees.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TRUTH64

TRUTH64 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2014
    No not the owner or management, Just a driver that is sick of others bashing the company when management works their hardest to find them work throughout the year when there is basicaly no construction going on. I have been around Lakeside for years and it is a good company the owner is not their to be your buddy he is your employer and I have never had a check bounce, I have always been offerd a lot of work and have not turned any of it down. You always see guys at these small companies who tell you how good they are and how lucky you are they are working there. And they always have owned their own trucks before comming to work there. They always turn down work and holler about what they are not willing to do. I did the mines and the winter work. So when the high wadge stuff comes along guess who gets it. Myself and the other guys that work hard all year NO KNEE PADS NEEDED hard work is rewarded. The poeple willing to do it now are few and far between. Its a smaller company so the owner and office staff are always an easy target. I bet the owner of England could careless about a single driver. I know from years of experience the drivers who complain about this company most likley have no skill other than not crashing or wanted to be the first out just because they are and old timer and think they deserve it for living longer than everyone else. The drivers that have been at Lakeside the longest get most of the work. Why else would they still be there? When complaining about a job you need to take a look in the mirror first and see what the problem really is.

4. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Sounds like your on your knees to me..

5. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

I...unfortunately, had a situation wherein I felt I needed to educate myself ( WAAY more than I wanted ) on Prevailing Wage Law. That law is a Federal Contractual Agreement, and...is the same in all states. that's why they call it federal. The pay scale differs greatly from region to region, but the contractual language is identical, unless the mega-contractors have finally tucked away enough senators & congress people their pockets to change said language. As you know ( or should ) they've already ripped off truck drivers on many prevailing jobs. Yeah..I know find a different job.

Why do I know this? Why did I have to educate myself? Good question. Quite simply "effing GREED" on the part of the Peter Kewit Twin-Mountain & Herzog LLC known for building the New Mexico Rail-Runner commuter rail between Albuquerque & Santa Fe.

They thought they could pull an end-run, not pay prevailing wage, & "re-classify" a heavy construction BID AWARD after the fact, to a highway job. Folks.....if building a train ain't heavy...kindly tell me what the heck is.

They lost.

350+ guys...average $3,500 EACH BACK PAY.

Because of ME. No one else. Call 'em & find out. I dare you. Pretty certain they'll remember my "complaining" lil' butt. Nice try big guys. You don't get to change the rules....at least not yet.

Still wanna play? I'm not special, I just HONOR my commitments, & contracts. I think it goes; " If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything".

6. fernhoff lover

fernhoff lover Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2015
    yep they used to be good back in 04 the owner has half million dollar pond that drivers funded .he shows up at yard with top of the line motorhome and then wants the Mexicans wash it .yes the pre/post trip they screw you give up 1hr day free time .the other problem is their heavyhaul driver gets all the perks 25hr guaranteed 40hrs even in winter time lost so many good drivers for this guy and dispatch hes good guy but will not go to bat for you because hes just out for himself he gets all the perks as well I see them starting to fade due to the way they treat drivers hopefully they go out of business their very slow they cant compete with Ritchie at srt .like I said this used to be good place ,BUT I WOULD ADVISE TO STAY AWAY and the office lady is just the best its just ashame shes caught up with the owner

7. Yellow truck hater

Yellow truck hater Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2018

8. Yellow truck hater

Yellow truck hater Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Yes what a great company. A driver today tried to spray me with pepper spray. Watch out for big yellow trucks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.