LANDSTAR CAUGHT RED HANDED DOUBLE BROKERING MY LOAD

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Freightdontwait2609, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I purposely booked a load next Saturday to force myself to rest.

This was last Wednesday.

Thursday someone posts a pretty big number for a load going to Denver, coming back to Phoenix, pays both ways.

Well that of course fits in the time frame.

Picked it Friday. Multi stops in Denver with an electric pallet jack, liftgate, customer pre loaded trailer.

Finished all the stops yesterday, and I'm about a 1/3 way home, be home tonight.

Several thousand dollars richer when the smoke clears and the dust settles.

Didn't even want to go anywhere.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    You maybe didn't want to go anywhere, but that's a beautiful thing.

x1Heavy and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    When it rains money like that in the thousands of dollars, there is such joy in life that makes you rest better to be able to do something with it before the end of the weekend.

We had maybe 4 episodes in payroll where it rained like that even for us idiot company drivers now and then in our lifetime (There is two of us)

When you have that kind of money you have to sleep on it some more. Its usually way too much when you are accustomed to 5 dollars here 20 dollars there etc.

And thats the other side of it. We had around 14000 dollars cash the morning of 9-11. The storm damaged new replacement bathroom came to 9000 leaving us with 5000 to run on.

Even though it took the company 6 weeks to find a new payroll company and get caught up for all those loads, it did not bother us. When you have enough savings instead of debt money is one less worry. Toss the check into the bank and worry about spending it someday. But not this week or next. It will be a while.

Shardrk Thanks this.
  5. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
  6. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    It’s funny because that same office will not load great wide for the same thing they are doing lovely.

User666 and RStewart Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.