Landstar double brokering freight ???

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Midnightrider909, Sep 24, 2019.

1. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Maybe some of this is due to just the size of the companies

You’ll have a percentage of bad Vs the good

You see a lot of swift trucks and fed ex in wrecks but those guys also have way more moving parts to their companies than “ John “ who has 3 trucks and no office help
    Not picking on anyone named John who has 3 trucks

PPDCT and Lite bug Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    I can't remember if I've shared this here before, but years ago as a new team member I was helping the team work on covering a tough load. I can't remember all the specifics anymore, but we had got the load back at the last minute and were working on a recovery truck.

We had to get the load covered for the customer and were staring down the barrel of a big loser when I got a call on the team line for a break even option that could pick up within the hour. I checked and the carrier wasn't in the system, so I sent them a setup packet and stood up and let the team know about the hero truck I just booked.

After the cheering died down, one of the guys on the team asked who the carrier was.

I still remember the looks on their faces when I replied, "Some carrier called Landstar".

4. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Plenty of them double broker, you can catch them In the act easily, it’s funny to call them out on it.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.