Landstar - Maintenance Records and Inspections?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by JonasTtrucker, Aug 28, 2018.

1. JonasTtrucker

JonasTtrucker Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    What does Landstar require in regards to DVIR, maintenance reports, and if any, DOT inspections?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    They require all of that. Pretty simple.

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Inspection every 120 days, they pay, must also send in a maintenance report for the same time. Maintenance report is a dot requirement, every truck on the road must keep a matience report, LS had to tweek theirs to keep dot happy.
    If your truck can’t pass a 120 inspection then it won’t pass a roadside.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    stillwurkin Thanks this.
  5. JonasTtrucker

Apr 26, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    Can you take it to any of those roadside places for the DOT inspection? Also, are there any restrictions on the age of the truck?

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No you can't take it to any place, it has to be a place that they tell you to take it to. LS actually tests some of these places out. but they still have crap inspectors on duty.

NO restrictions from what I see.

7. JonasTtrucker

Apr 26, 2018
    St. Louis, MO
    What issue have you had with the inspectors?

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I had a few, mainly not having a complete inspection, I have complained and had the drivers stopped using random one, which when they would pick one in an area, I would call them and talk to the guy doing the inspection and tell him find something wrong. I had one truck that was inspected by one place where they missed an air leak on a brake chamber, driver caught it when he did his pre-trip - he dropped the truck off on a Friday and picked it up on Monday so he could enjoy some hometime with his sister and her family.

A friend how was with LS for 10 years had his inspection done at 10am at one of their inspection vendors in Ohio then about five miles down the road had a road side L1 with a violation with one of his steers being way out of adjustment. The inspector put him OOS and made him call out road service to just adjust the one steer. When he talked to LS about it, they did a review of the vendor than sent in a decoy truck with out of adjusted brakes to see if they caught it, they didn't. SO LS pulled them off the list. However my freind went through hell getting back in service with LS, he had to have two independent inspections to satify safety and proof that there were repairs done to the truck to prevent the adjuster not tighten up the brakes to spec.

9. JR28262

JR28262 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2018
    The recruiter told me 2000 or newer for ELD'S. Meaning you could have any year truck (BODY) but 2000 MFR year engine or newer.
    No Cali No problem.
    No EGR No problem.
    No DEF No problem.
    No DPF No problem.
    Just make sure the engine was made on January 2000 or later
    Thats because of the ECM (computer) the ELD will hook up to.

10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    The only age restriction is the truck must hook up to an ELD. If you have a pre-elog engine, say a 96 ddec3 Detroit, you’ll still have to run elogs. They use Qualcomm and Keep Truckin. Inspections are only done at authorized facilities. Except for your prelease inspection, if your unit fails, it must be repaired there or towed to another shop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.