Landstar orientation Fort Worth question

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Boosted_SC300, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Boosted_SC300

Boosted_SC300 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Hey guys i got approved to landstar and im on my way to texas for orientation and the securement course. My question is even though i was told to be there on monday(18) i never got the info for where ill be staying at, whether itll be a hotel or at their yard in my truck. I called the people from domicile agency? since the man i spoke too said to contact him or orientation people but theyre hard to get a hold of. So my question is will they let me in the yard to spend the night and attend orientation there or will i have to come in the morning? And at what time does orientation usually start at? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    No reason they won’t let you on the yard.

8:00 am

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Send me $100 cash and I'll see that you get a spot.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    They usually get a piss test on Monday. Can't dispatch you till it comes back.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Why do you think it's Landstar's responsibility to get you a hotel?

They are o/o only. It's purely a business to business relationship.
    It's your company's (you) job to get your driver (also you) there Monday morning.

Look at it as your first task at running a business.

drvrtech77 and stwik Thank this.
  7. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    Welcome to freedom and the weird sensation of not having your hand held.

8. Boosted_SC300

Boosted_SC300 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Ok cool, thank you!
    Dave- i dont have cash on me BUT i can give you 5 $20 coupons that can be redeemed at any lot lizard of your choosing ;) lol
    Zvar/389driver- Well they were gonna put me in a room in reno so i thought they wouldve done the same anywhere. Ive liked the sensation since the first few minutes of getting out of being a company driver haha

Sirscrapntruckalot and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Dude. Cash only. Just leave it with Mike at the terminal, I'll pick it up.

I'm trusting you now.

Your spot is reserved. You have a first class room at a Best Western for your stay.

Don't F it up.

10. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I guess he should turn down the free room and when it’s time for lunch he should go get something out of his cooler instead of taking the free catered lunch.

Sure it’s a business relationship, but it’s ok to treat contractors like people not numbers.

I need to go to a orientation center and renew my hazmat, update contract and attend a half day of class. They will pay for my room, provide lunch and give me$250 for My time.

First of July the wife and I are going to a resort in Savannah for 3 days, all paid by LS, all fun meetings, no training, evening meetings includes great dinner and open bar, the also give away a new Western Star, since I’m in business relationship with them maybe I shouldn’t go.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Maybe I was being too harsh and reading too much into the op's post. I read it as expecting LS to provide the hotel and such. Just pointing out he needs to get out of the company driver, company provided everything mindset if, in fact, he was expecting LS to provide for that.

Of course it's silly not to accept if they offer, but one should expect to be paying for their business expenses themselves. He'll get further faster the sooner he realizes he is now a business owner....

DSK333 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.