Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. zx150

zx150 Medium Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    SNI choice is pretty good but you are competing with company trucks. There are a few iffy things like "No relays into or out of Laredo" "No relay/repower loads" at all.

I drove for SNI on the company side and the OO's on the choice program were happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zx150

zx150 Medium Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    ELD question. Does anybody know if Landstar will accept the use of an ELD system from another company such as ISE?

My truck is having trouble talking to the Qualcomm MCP50. Qualcomm/Omnitracs says nothing they have will work with my rig.

4. R.Hagar

R.Hagar Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I'm 80% approved, they just need my truck inspection, drug screen and then setup orientation days.
    I was wondering if any of you guys would let me use a log on to look at the board?
    I pulled for landstar back in 09 for 3 months. Rates where so bad I gave up and went back to a reefer.

Thanks in advance.

5. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    schedule yourself free and listen in on one of their webinar, that's what I'm doing: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2204753179637102849

6. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
  7. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Just finished that up.. While it's nice to see some of the newer features compared to 2009, it didn't do what I was after. I seen enough tho.. I'm going to finish up the inspection and all to get a orientation date.

8. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    Now what would that be? :biggrin_25517:

9. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Wanted to check out the rates on certain lanes. She went over just the area I live in.

10. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    about 20 paticipants, few weeks ago i listen to one webinar ...i think around 10-15 paticipants; but she was asking about which lane u want to look at. I was asking reefer form Grand Rapids To Cleveland.
    [​IMG]

R.Hagar Thanks this.
  11. Big Baby

Big Baby Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2016
    I just started at LS in April
    I signed on with a new truck full warranty. My first inspection my truck failed LS inspection. The factory didn't do stuff right. I had to fixed it to pass. It took me about 3 months to figure out LS system. I only run certain lanes. And I stay out of fl & tx its so much competition for loads in tx. I stay 40mi from Memphis off i40 its not hard finding a load going thru house. I learned hard way never go home MT. I sometimes can squeeze in a 34 on a load. I knew it was gone be hard work to succeed. Many told me that i was gone fail I have learned which are good agents that don't mind paying. My truck had 24000 when I picked it up. Now I'm sitting at 96600 only because I was stupid when I started taking long loads 1000-1500mi. I thought that's what I had to do is make money I was doing bout 3 loads a week. I had company driver mentality. Now that I no better I do 4 loads a week and less miles more money. I was stupid getting my fuel money off each load now I no a better way. Many people talked about me because I got a new truck for my 1st truck. But these dealerships wanted $20000+ for a down on used truck then $2000 a month for 4years. I picked my truck out gave down. When it came time to tell them where I was signing truck on with. I told them LS they told me that LS is one of their partners. I should have been told them. After that my paperwork went so smooth. They did all correspondence with LS all i to do is sign paperwork then they gave me $1500 back off my down I gave them.. Lord blessed I got into a new truck with no credit check. So far I'm happy at LS but its hard work. Most people that get a $4000 check a normal reaction is to spend it. But as a business woman I put it up just Caz I got new truck stuff still happen. Made a a lot mistakes when I started now I no better BUT I'm still learning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.